Talk

Advanced search

help with my kitchen plan

(7 Posts)
messenger1 Wed 24-Oct-12 10:08:34

Hey guys, couple of questions; one, i have planned my kitchen out and due to where the steels are going we can't put our window in front of our sink which means we will be washing up facing the wall. Do you think this is okay? In terms of a table, we don't have space for a big table as it will be too tight a squeeze around the end of the units - does a round table save a lot of space? all advice really appreciated as i am pulling my hair out and the building keeps pushing for decisions.

Littlemissimpatient Wed 24-Oct-12 10:11:28

My sink is not currently by a window and its fine honest.
It's easier to wipe down the tiles behind at same time but I use my dishwasher daily so only hand wash what I must.

messenger1 Wed 24-Oct-12 10:28:26

great, thanks Littlemissimpatient that reassures me - we have a dishwasher so hoping it will be the same, i will stop worrying about this then. Anyone have any advice re: tables? we planned a kitchen but once walls have come down we have the realised the space just isn't so big.

thanks in advance.

lalalonglegs Wed 24-Oct-12 11:50:20

Another person who has a sink facing a wall (I hardly use it, tbh, as we have a dishwasher). Round tables take up more space that square - can you get a fold-down?

FishfingersAreOK Wed 24-Oct-12 13:42:44

Have you looked at Ikea - they do some fab "small" tables.

Shalloween Wed 24-Oct-12 15:34:29

My sink is in front of the window and the dirty washing up water splashes on the window look vile and drive me crazy. When we move I'll be after one away from the window.

fossil97 Wed 24-Oct-12 17:59:57

Saving space with tables - have one with its short end to the wall rather than with chairs backing onto the wall, if the table is a small 4 seater it may only be 4 to 5 ft from the wall. Or try a bench/one of the dreaded corner nook sets.

Have you got the Ikea kitchen planner - even if you aren't using Ikea units you can normally get the basic shape into it, and then add different tables and chairs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now