Talk

Advanced search

cream skirting and wall recommendations

(6 Posts)
omghelpmeplease Mon 22-Oct-12 21:38:48

doing dark kitchen cream skirting and built in wood cupboard and door frames and doors
3 walls cream too
what shades shall i do for the wood and the walls ?
silk ? or Matt for walls?
finish for wood?
also if paint legs of table - what paint is proper tough and scratch and chip resistant?
ceiling - white?
floor is York stone flags.
one wall to be soft lime green!

omghelpmeplease Tue 23-Oct-12 23:37:18

i know you all haven't replied thinking this is a silly question but - really would appreciate any answers!

Karbea Tue 23-Oct-12 23:44:36

I'd do all of the wood the same as the skirting and ceiling, unless you wanted to make a gesture of the cupboard... Then maybe the lime?

You need a washable emulsion in the kitchen, so not 100% matt.

White ceiling is a bit old fashioned, I'd go off white.

Karbea Tue 23-Oct-12 23:45:02

Gesture - feature!

ThatVikRinA22 Tue 23-Oct-12 23:45:43

my kitchen is cream - really lightened it up and it looks much more tasteful.

i have just gone for plain white wood work and ceiling - gone for gloss on woodwork instead of the usual eggshell - much nicer looking and easier to clean.

i would always go for matt walls - but maybe use a kitchen paint in matt. i used natural calico by Dulux for kitchens.

i have made some terrible mistakes in my kitchen in the past! cream is the way to go! cream and white - my tiles are black,both floor and wall, cupboards are light wood.

im not sure about hte table legs....dulux do a diamond paint that is meant to be 10x tougher - id look at something like that i think if you want hard wearing.

omghelpmeplease Wed 31-Oct-12 00:45:57

under going painting at moment!
home from work and paint paint paint!
white on walls to cover existing yellow
under coating wood atm !
cream walls and one feature lime wall is the choice
aga is very yellow cream ...
decisions decisions! not bought gloss yet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now