Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know Sunderland?

(3 Posts)
shhhgobacktosleep Mon 22-Oct-12 17:19:23

We are looking to relocate as a family and it appears that Sunderland may be a possibility. We have no idea what the area is like but searching on Rightmove has brought up some beautiful period properties in the Ashbrooke area. They appear to be to good to be true and perhaps worryingly there seems to be a number of them currently on the market.

Can anyone tell me what the area is like in general and if there's something major planned that would explain a large number of house sales in the area hmm. Obviously the concern with large houses is that a number of them are HMOs which is either a potential problem or not depending on the demographic I guess. We are a family of 5 including a ds(7yrs) so any info on schools etc would be great too. The older children are hoping to gain places at Universities up North so they so much are not a concern in terms of schools but things to do and easy transport links etc I guess would be good to know.

Am also going to post in the local section in the hope of catching as many people in the know as possible.

oreocrumbs Mon 22-Oct-12 20:32:55

I can tell you plenty! Thats where I buy houses 'cos they are cheap!

As a rule if you want to be in Sunderland Ashbrooke is one of the areas. But there are better.

I only know the private school in Sunderland, thats ok but I can find out about the others for you.

If you want to PM me, with a price range, where you will be working etc I can help you a bit more.

Ashbrooke is just outside the city centre - walking distance. Part of it is fab, part of it is rough as hell, you need to know what you are getting.

Personally, I wouldn't move to Ashbrook, I would live further out of Sunderland (I live in Co. Durham about 15/20 mins drive from the town centre) and there are some fab villages. But like I said, I need to know more about what you want.

oreocrumbs Mon 22-Oct-12 20:34:14

R.E development, there is nothing in Ashbrook, there are some major developments in other areas of the town but not that would affect Ashbrooke.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now