Talk

Advanced search

Anglian windows?

(13 Posts)
FraterculaArctica Sat 20-Oct-12 18:31:34

Has anyone used Anglian windows for double glazing? Had a salesman come and quote this morning, predictably pushy. Would be interested to know anyone's opinions of them who went ahead. Thanks.

5madthings Sat 20-Oct-12 18:34:20

We had a quote from.them and thought about it but got a recomendation of a smaller local.firm from friends who were.much nicer, not pushy and much much cheaper!

They hideously overcharge and i dont know anyone who has used them and been happy.

UsingAPsuedonym Sat 20-Oct-12 18:37:35

Unbelievably pushy which I didn't like and when talking to locals. I found them to be overpriced to so I would avoid Them
! I'd love to be able to get a quote ky replace my front door without a salesperson having to come around each time!

LunaticFringe Sat 20-Oct-12 18:44:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FraterculaArctica Sat 20-Oct-12 20:51:26

Thanks very much, I've taken your comments on board and emailed a local firm for a quote too! Was tempted to go with AW as it's so much hassle getting several companies round to quote (not at home during the day), but at least I know exactly what I want now.

oldbootface Sat 20-Oct-12 21:04:14

Used them twice (in previous house and present one). Very pleased with the results. First salesman not pushy, second salesman very much so. However, I knew what I wanted and what I was willing to pay so we got there in the end smile

lisad123 Sat 20-Oct-12 21:06:45

We had conservatory built ten years ago. They were good, but the builder they sent was awful and he wouldn't turn up, swearing and did it wrong. I complained and they fired him and he turned up and have me loads of abuse sad
After that they were great.

FraterculaArctica Sat 20-Oct-12 21:13:23

Good to hear from people who have found them OK too - OBF as you say, if you know what you want that makes it easier!

PolterGoose Sun 21-Oct-12 13:25:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pendeen Sun 21-Oct-12 16:36:52

FraterculaArctica

Just to mention - make sure whichever firm you select that they are FENSA registered (or other approved self-certifying scheme) as any replacement windows and most replacement (external) doors are subject to the Building Regulations.

2madboys Sun 21-Oct-12 16:38:57

Anglian Windows are the reason why we registered with the Telephone Preference Service ...

TiAAAAARGHo Sun 21-Oct-12 16:50:40

I got a new patio door from them this year. Very happy with both service and result. Salesman was not pushy though - he just explained everything clearly (and it helped that we had a very solid idea of what we wanted from the off). I do need to tell them to take me off their list for 'follow up calls' though - they call once a month to ask if all is ok and do I need anything else.

FraterculaArctica Tue 23-Oct-12 20:15:30

Thanks Pendeen and others. Have now had quote from local firm, approx half the cost of AW and they can do it sooner so I think we will be going with them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now