Talk

Advanced search

My shower is ridiculously hot..help?

(8 Posts)
SouthernComforts Fri 19-Oct-12 12:53:14

Hi all.

The shower in my rented house is far too hot. It has a temperature tap that goes from 20-50 c but I have to turn it right down past 20 until it won't turn anymore, just to get it to a bearable temp. That still leaves me bright red and steaming when I get out. It is only just bearable and I only shower if I am in a rush now. Also I can't wash the DC's hair or shower them.

I'm not a wimp, I like my baths HOT and the bath taps are fine, so are the kitchen taps.

Any ideas? Is it something a letting agency would try to fix?

ethelb Fri 19-Oct-12 12:55:17

Turn down the thermostat on the boiler?

willyoulistentome Fri 19-Oct-12 12:56:49

This happened to us when we had a new bathroom. The old shower had been fine - the new one red hot. The plumber came straight back. He had made an error in the plumbing and switched the hot and cold pipes round by mistake. I would think it was definitely fix-able. Luckily in our case, he had swapped them round in the water tank cupboard so it was easilt rectifiable. We were all very gald he hadn't done it behind the newly tiled wall. I would get the lettings agency to send someone round.

WandaDoff Fri 19-Oct-12 12:58:50

This happened with ours & it was a tiny little filter inside that needed changing.
It took the plumber about 5 minutes altogether.

MooncupGoddess Fri 19-Oct-12 13:00:08

Definitely complain to your letting agency/landlord. I've had something similar and it was a worn-out part in the boiler that was easily fixed.

This happened to us with our electric shower. (Our shower water is not from the boiler). It just starts at hot and goes very hot. It turns out our shower was broken. It's definitely something your landlord should fix.

SouthernComforts Fri 19-Oct-12 14:05:11

Thanks for the replies. I didn't even think it could the boiler, I thought it would be the shower thermostat (?) I'll ring the letting agency.

oscarwilde Sat 20-Oct-12 01:07:21

Just had a new shower fitted and exact same problem. Plumber had just fitted the knobs on too far around so v little cold water was coming through at the coldest setting. Took 2 mins to sort.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now