Talk

Advanced search

Do I need a heated towel rail?

(14 Posts)
TirednessKills Thu 18-Oct-12 19:36:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

betterwhenthesunshines Thu 18-Oct-12 19:48:38

Do you have a window. We're fiiting a tiny guest shower room with no wall space and fitting this under the window.

My brother's shower room is even tinier and he has an electric towel rad actually fitted on the back of the door. Yes, you have a wire sort of going across the hinge gap, but I think it's a stroke of genius.

Definitely need warm towels.

We also have a bathroom with a very high ceiling ( about 12 ft). Do you need to have it lowered? We painted ours a slightly darker colour than the walls and it has original fancy coving so it looks lush, but on a practical point, it's good as all the steam goes up and never steams up the mirror.

PoppyScarer Thu 18-Oct-12 19:51:30

Yes, get one. We have a teeny tiny en suite and have an electric towel rad. 'tis truly a wonderful thing to have a warm room and a warm towel, especially on a cold morning.

TirednessKills Thu 18-Oct-12 19:59:35

Catsmamma Thu 18-Oct-12 20:02:50

if it is a small wet room then surely the towels need somewhere to hang?

they will just be in a puddle on the floor otherwise?

Rhubarbgarden Thu 18-Oct-12 20:54:58

Heated towel rails are essential. Otherwise you get smelly towels and end up washing them every couple of days. We had underfloor heating in our last house and we still needed the heated towel rail on through the summer to avoid stinkiness.

Personally, I'd keep the ceiling high too, to avoid it feeling claustrophobic.

RyleDup Thu 18-Oct-12 21:22:39

Yes, you need one. Definitely!!

TirednessKills Thu 18-Oct-12 22:00:21

Rhubarbgarden Fri 19-Oct-12 19:59:28

You put your towels back in the airing cupboard after your shower? shock

TirednessKills Fri 19-Oct-12 20:07:21

Gentleness Sat 20-Oct-12 13:38:14

I wish my family were so well trained to put their towels in sensible places to dry! And I wish we'd gone for a tall heated rail instead of leaving the 40cm double rad in there. Nothing ever feels totally dry in winter and we have mould problems despite the extractor fan. If your room is well heated otherwise I'd not worry. If not I'd go for the biggest kick-ass towel rail I could fit in!

TirednessKills Sat 20-Oct-12 14:18:07

CaurnieBred Mon 22-Oct-12 11:12:20

We have a dual fuel towel rail that works with electricity in the summer so that the towels can dry on it (have it on a timer switch) - but you don't need that (we don't have an airing cupboard)

MousyMouse Mon 22-Oct-12 11:14:48

yes, get one. you also can get it on a separate heating cycle that uses the heat from the shower to warm up so you have warm towels even in summer when the main heating is switched off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now