Talk

Advanced search

Will I ever be able to afford a house?

(4 Posts)
spingey Tue 16-Oct-12 22:37:05

I have been looking at part ownership properties in my local area. I have seen one that looks so perfect it could have been made for us but I have no deposite.
At the moment we are staying with my mum because we are having problems with our neighbours and I guess I start want the next place to be a home we can make roots in and good memories.
When we are rehoused by the council we will only be given a 2 bed property and will have to be moved again in a few years time when ds and dd are too old to share a room anymore. Its exhausting.
Im having a pointless moan really. I just want my kids to have a nice home.

Teeb Wed 17-Oct-12 00:17:55

Without any deposit then in a word, no.

You really need to make saving a priority right now if owning a home is what you want, and making cut backs elsewhere. Owning isn't the be all and end all though.

bureni Wed 17-Oct-12 00:30:46

I think location is more important than ownership, you could end up owning a home in a total dump of an area just as easily as renting one.

Wallison Wed 17-Oct-12 12:10:36

Renting is shit though - I think people who own their house forget just how precarious you are and how much of your hard-earned cash you spend on propping up others' property empires when you can be evicted on a whim. That said, I would give my eye teeth for a council house although it looks like they are going down the road of insecure tenancies and rip-off rents as well if Cameron has his way. Sympathies, OP. I know what you mean - you just want to have a home. It really really shouldn't be this difficult.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now