Talk

Advanced search

Where to buy bookcases?

(3 Posts)
evilgiraffe Mon 15-Oct-12 16:01:20

We are finally sorting out the spare room, and are planning to keep most of our books up there. However, we haven't got any bookcases. We have about five hundred books, though! I'm not too bothered about style, but would like them to be pleasant to look at and not just racking shelving, and prefereably wooden. IKEA seem to only have the one sort (Billy) that isn't really setting me on fire, but will do in a pinch. Keeping it cheap but nice would be great, as much as I'd love to spend thousands of pounds on a custom-made library we don't have the funds required...

Any ideas?

Pannacotta Mon 15-Oct-12 16:18:36

You could adapt the Billy bookcases so they look built in, someone on here posted pics of this in her home and it looked very good. I think she painted them too.

A bit like this
www.centsationalgirl.com/2011/11/from-billys-to-built-ins/

CuddyMum Mon 15-Oct-12 16:47:32

I had a bank of 5 narrow Billy bookcases with glass doors and they looked good. Am down to 3 now as I have most of my books in electronic format now. The idea posted by Panacotta looks fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now