Advanced search

Large chandeliers/fittings for high ceilings?

(12 Posts)
Pannacotta Mon 15-Oct-12 14:05:25

I need to find some large chandeliers/light fittings and am struggling to find anything which will work with our high ceilings, they are all around 3-3.5m in height.
I have seen a few things i like but they all looke like they might be a bit lost.
This is on my shortlist

I have looked a local lighting shops, no joy, and will also check the local antique shops but they are not great tbh.

I've also looked at Heals/Graham and Green/Holloways of Ludlow.
Any other suggestions?

7to25 Mon 15-Oct-12 15:38:14

Christopher Wray?

VerityClinch Mon 15-Oct-12 15:40:38

What's your budget? The Flos glass pendant is gorgeous but also about four hundred quid.

Try Tinsmiths? They have some lovely lights.

bureni Mon 15-Oct-12 15:42:43

Also check that your ceiling timbers are suitably reinforced to take the weight of the larger fittings

Pannacotta Mon 15-Oct-12 16:10:55

Not sure on budget, up to £400 perhaps a bit more if needed.
The ceiling is ok to take a heavy fitting, I have has this checked thanks, we have a large fancy ceiling rose so I need to make sure the fitting is in proportion to the rose.
Will have a look at C Wray and Tinsmiths.
Can you link to the FLos light Verity? I'm not sure which you mean as a few came up on Google when I looked.

Jacaqueen Tue 16-Oct-12 00:20:18

I got mine from Cotterills. They are local to me but you can order online.

charleybarley Tue 16-Oct-12 00:46:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

VerityClinch Tue 16-Oct-12 08:02:07

Flos Romeo Moon

As seen in the Soho Hotel bedrooms. Bloody lovely, and won't date in a way I expect some chandeliers will.

VerityClinch Tue 16-Oct-12 08:03:52

Flos in the Soho

One day my house will look like this wink

Pannacotta Tue 16-Oct-12 10:01:54

Thanks all, I have looked at Jim Lawrence and they have some gorgeous fittings but not much made from glass, am after something glittery!
Verity thanks for the links, can I ask what sort of light/effect the Flos light gives?
It is a bit more modern than I had planned for, though I quite like these George Nelson fittings too and they come in large sizes (first pic on link)

VerityClinch Tue 16-Oct-12 10:25:15

I suppose it depends on the bulb, but I'd say a soft light, diffuse because of the pleats in the glass IYSWIM. Good bedroom light, Not so sure for a hallway or stairs. I covert one for my bedroom (late arts and crafts) and don't think it would look too modern.

Although I will probably end up with the similar one from Tinsmiths for a third of the price, realistically.

stickyvicky71 Tue 16-Oct-12 13:06:28

Friend of mine has one similar to this in her house in Bath and it looks fab. She has ceiling height of about 3m.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now