Talk

Advanced search

seen a house we like- what sort of offer to make?

(8 Posts)
toldyouso Sun 14-Oct-12 22:59:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jollydiane Sun 14-Oct-12 23:28:01

If you cannot proceed then the offer doesn't mean much so you need to be on the market. Are there any other houses like yours on the market that have sold to give you an idea of how desirable your property is?

toldyouso Sun 14-Oct-12 23:53:26

toldyouso Sun 14-Oct-12 23:55:14

scurryfunge Sun 14-Oct-12 23:59:29

I'd get your house on the market ASAP. I'm selling at the moment and I'm getting a bit fed up of viewings from people who are in no position to proceed. I don't turn away viewings of course but it doesn't mean much if people show interest.

toldyouso Mon 15-Oct-12 00:03:39

scurryfunge Mon 15-Oct-12 00:09:20

I can see your frustration. We have accepted an offer of interest in that we will accept an offer dependant on the other party selling theirs. We have a buyer waiting but they can't sell their property so it's stalemate at the moment- totally meaningless excercise.

ClareMarriott Mon 15-Oct-12 10:13:07

Dear Toldyouso

I think the people who are replying to your posts are doing their best when your posts seem to be rather rambling to me. From what I can pick up, having made the decision to move, you have seen two properties, one of which you like, which needs a bit of work but which you like enough to think of putting an offer in on. My advice would be is that you need to forget what happened years ago, deal with the here and now. If you have a property to sell get quotes from at least 3 estate agents and PUT your property on the market. Viewings may not come thick and fast, but if they do and you get an offer on your place, you will be in a much better position with regards the property you want to buy. To be able to proceed you have to proactive Sorry if this sounds harsh but it is meant with the best intentions Clare

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now