Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dulux Weathershield

(5 Posts)
NellyPhant Sun 14-Oct-12 13:47:05

Anyone had any problems with this product? My windows (painted less than a year ago) are already cracking and peeling.

PigletJohn Sun 14-Oct-12 14:50:34

when this happens, it's very seldom the paint, it's usually the preparation at fault.

wfrances Sun 14-Oct-12 16:22:38

my front and side door are painted in black dulux weathershield. painted about 3 years ago and ive had to sand back undercoat/ prime and touch up 4 times where its cracked,peeled in places.
the doors are really old and were varnished/stained by previous owner so i think thats why they dont hold up.
ive found it doesnt look patchy so i dont mind,
they never say what they do on the tin,

tricot39 Sun 14-Oct-12 19:02:35

We have used weathershield and it has been great. Stripped back to bare wood when the sashes were refurbished and draftproofed so did full 3 part system. That was 6 years ago. Last year had them done again only undercoat and topcoat but could have left it for another year at a push. It said 5 years on the tin and that is what we got on the most exposed windows. We are impressed and will use it again..... Although the prep was back breaking stuff all done in a week so we could get rid of the scaffolding!

NellyPhant Sun 21-Oct-12 19:21:41

Thanks everyone for response.

In fairness to my builder, they seemed to use all the right prep products and carry out the work correctly. Think I may have got a duff batch.

Thanks again and any other feedback welcome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now