Advanced search

house insurance for a renovation project

(3 Posts)
PrunellaDeVille Sat 13-Oct-12 16:16:48

i'm new to renovation - we're just about to complete on a barn with planning permission. I know i need to get building insurance for it but do i need something special if it's going to be
a) empty
b) unsecured but not storing stuff
c) having major works done (mostly by DH)
any recommendations?
any specialist companies?

ClareMarriott Sat 13-Oct-12 21:06:30

hi there

If you have an existing building insurer , you should contact them and explain what you intend to do. If they are insuring you at the moment , they need to know about these changes. Otherwise, if you are taking out an insurance for the first time, you could contact a broker called Norman Butcher and Jones on 020 8290 6900 and they will be able to provide you with a quote after you have given them all the information. Hope you get sorted Clare

PrunellaDeVille Sun 14-Oct-12 10:26:03

thanks Clare, it's a new purchase so i'm starting from scratch - i'll look up the broker you suggest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now