Talk

Advanced search

How much to swap from electricity key meter to standard meter?

(6 Posts)
ireallyhavenoidea Wed 10-Oct-12 18:08:05

Hi

Just that really. Obviously I will phone and ask but I was wondering if anyone knew.

Asking because a repo we are interested in has a key thing. The location doesn't need to change, just be switched over to 'normal'.

Thanks in advance

ireallyhavenoidea Wed 10-Oct-12 18:11:05

Sorry, just found the answer

LadySybildeChocolate Wed 10-Oct-12 18:11:29

Some suppliers will do it for free, some will charge, so it depends on whom you're with. They usually ask that you're with them for a certain amount of months before they change it over.

MikeLitorisBites Wed 10-Oct-12 18:15:05

Sse will do it for free under certain circumstances. It really is best for you to speak with them direct.

ireallyhavenoidea Wed 10-Oct-12 18:53:48

Thanks. It is just another thing on the list of things to cost out so thought I would ask here. Didn't think to google before.

OK, really stupid question ... House is a repo with electricity meter (which had £1 on the meter!) Do we have to stay with whoever the supplier is (guessing there will be a clue on the meter because as it is a reposession you get no info at all!) or can we go with the cheapest supplier?

Thanks again for the replies (and thank you for not flaming me for posting a stupid question!)

LadySybildeChocolate Wed 10-Oct-12 19:55:30

It's just the same as a normal house which you've bought. You can do what you want with it. The fact that it's a repossession makes no difference, just be wary about debt collectors sending letters to the old owners. It must be so hard for them. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now