Talk

Advanced search

Jigsaw would I be mad to use it?

(3 Posts)
CuriousMama Wed 10-Oct-12 13:43:58

Dp's back's gone and we were going to use it together today but he's going to have trouble getting upstairs.
The project is to cut holes in the eaves of the loft to make storage. It's a room already with a staircase so will be a good space for ds1 to escape from ds2 as they share a room.
Would I be mad to attempt this alone? I probably am? He's not keen on me doing it.

Bubblemoon Wed 10-Oct-12 14:31:11

Do you know what's behind what you're going to be cutting? Are you sure there's no wires, plastic water tanks or pipes behind there? When you've cut out the holes won't the loft be full of insulation, the dust of a 100 years and stuff? You might need to board it out before you can put stuff in there. If you are sure you know what you're doing ,then why not.

CuddyMum Wed 10-Oct-12 15:57:14

I am guessing you'd be cutting through plasterboard? We have eaves access doors in our loft conversion for storage. I'd be tempted to get a carpenter in as they'd finish the doors nicely and place architrave around the openings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now