Talk

Advanced search

Are tiles on a bathroom floor going to be dangerous?

(5 Posts)
Virgil Tue 09-Oct-12 20:55:40

I keep switching between thinking it will be too slippery and thinking it will be fine and it's completely normal to have tiles.

DSs are seven and five and rather fond of splashing!

lalalonglegs Tue 09-Oct-12 21:06:13

They will be fine.

discrete Tue 09-Oct-12 21:07:53

Completely normal to have tiles everywhere in the world other than in the UK.

It is fine and much more hygienic

Yorky Wed 10-Oct-12 12:32:13

4DC under 6 here so you can imagine how calm bath times are! No-one has yt slipped on our tiled bathroom floor, and we're planning to use the same tiles when our new shower room is built

RationalBrain Wed 10-Oct-12 14:25:00

Depends what kind of tiles.

If, like my idiot <unnamed family member>, you insist on having highly polished gloss tiles then yes, they will be a death trap.

On the other hand, normal people buy tiles marked as suitable for a bathroom, which have some measure of grip. If you go to a tile shop, they can show you which ones are rated for bathrooms, and you can decide what extreme you want to go to.

At one end some are like swimming pool tiles, very scratchy but safe, at the other are the high gloss ones my <unnamed family member> got, did I mention he was an idiot? Some ranges even come with a 1-5 type rating for non-slippyness (official technical term).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now