Talk

Advanced search

Kitchen companies who offer free appliances?

(4 Posts)
ObscuredByClouds Tue 09-Oct-12 14:17:47

Can anyone recommend? Want a decent mid-range kitchen but need a new oven/hob/dishwasher. Was hoping to go with a company who throw white goods into the deak. Any recommendations?

TIA

PigletJohn Tue 09-Oct-12 14:31:23

it's not really free, they just make extra money out of the kitchen to fool you.

The appliances are generally cheap and poor-quality with some name glued on the front that you've never heard of, and may not be able to get parts for.

MandaHugNKiss Tue 09-Oct-12 15:08:31

What PJ says is entirely true: I was with a Howdens salesman last week who is a good friend of our bathroom builder (who in turn is a good friend of my partners!)

When it came to appliances he told me I'd be best off sourcing them myself on the internet as their mid-high end ranges are stupidly over priced (even with the max discount he can give) and the basic/entry level range is crap (I think he may have said they're beko build with a lamona badge on them. Y'know? Lamona? That well known kitchen appliance maker... hmm ).

He also said that if he's pushed for free appliances with customers who don't know better then he gives them to them, but just reduces the discount on the cabinets to cover it.

Like they say, no such thing as a free lunch. Or a free cooker to make it with. wink

(as for sourcing myself, there certainly are bargains to be had. Check Roy Waring - they have stuff that has minor cosmetic damage (and you can't see anyway once intalled!) or stuff without its original packaging, etc., at reduced prices)

ObscuredByClouds Tue 09-Oct-12 16:21:25

Thank you both smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now