Talk

Advanced search

Farrow and Ball experts - help me make this decision

(7 Posts)
woodentrainset Mon 08-Oct-12 19:46:50

We are currently decorating our kitchen. Gets loads of light. Want a fairly utilitarian look - we are not getting a fitted kitchen but have a range and some freestanding stuff. We are painting the floorboards in Downpipe and I cannot decide whether we should have Cornforth White or Shaded White on the walls. Both look really good from the sample pots - one more grey and warm, one slightly more faded and Gallic - arrrgh. I think Strong white for ceiling and woodwork. Thoughts?

wendybird77 Tue 09-Oct-12 20:42:01

Don't know - all sounds much of muchness and lovely and loveliness! Jealous that your kitchen gets loads of light, our new kitchen is north facing with low beamed ceilings. Sigh.

Flossiechops Tue 09-Oct-12 21:14:47

Good choices, I have the kitchen cupboards in cornforth white and shaded white on the walls. I have also painted the underside of my farmhouse table in down pipe. It all goes lovely together! The cw is a lovely creamy grey and the shaded white a barely there silvery grey. I would go for the cw to be honest especially if you have plenty of light. I did my own head in choosing the colours but my favorite by far is cw and pavilion grey which is slight darker. grin

LFCisTarkaDahl Tue 09-Oct-12 21:16:33

Why would you paint the underside of a table. confused

Flossiechops Tue 09-Oct-12 21:19:11

Sorry I mean the legs and bottom half of the table, not the underside. It was white originally.

LFCisTarkaDahl Tue 09-Oct-12 21:22:41

Aaah, I see.

Thought it was some new fangled design thing I wasn't aware of grin

woodentrainset Wed 10-Oct-12 21:40:40

Marvellous, thanks all. Such great taste all round! Just wanted to make sure no one had used either colour and thought them super cold or awful in a way I hadn't thought of.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now