Advanced search

Chip in IKEA worktop.

(4 Posts)
MrsWoodforTrees Mon 08-Oct-12 17:13:16

Hoping some lovely person can help ............

I have just seen we have a chip in the top leading edge of an IKEA Kitchen worktop in our flat.
I don't know exactly what the top is but is looks to me like a composite which is made to look like granite. (It isn't Corian which I know can have chips etc filled in)

Does anyone know if there is anyway of mending / filling chips or am I just going to have to breathe deeply when it comes to return of deposit time (rented flat) The problem is the way the worktop is fitted I can see the total bill being way in excess of the cost of a new worktop.

Any ideas very, very gratefully received.
Can it be fixed , or am I b@ggered?


lalalonglegs Mon 08-Oct-12 18:22:50

You could try filling it with woodfiller, sanding it down and colouring it in with felt tip to match. If you spent some time doing it, depending on the size of the chip, you could probably get away with it.

MrsWoodforTrees Mon 08-Oct-12 18:35:42


Thank you for that. Or , if there was a clear type woodfiller type stuff I could mix some acrylic paint in that might work if such a thing exists)
You have given me some much needed hope , however and for that a big Thank You thanks

IvanaHumpalot Wed 10-Oct-12 19:28:20

I'm not suggesting getting a restorer, but I'm sure they could offer some advice. There maybe a ready mix product which would be suitable.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: