Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a bathroom suite but we don't want to spend mega bucks

(11 Posts)
CuriousMama Sun 07-Oct-12 19:51:24

Has anyone seen a good offer on a plain white bathroom suite, preferable not one with scallops?

We need to replace everything, even the radiator. So if we can get a bargain then it'd help?

TIA

BikeRunSki Sun 07-Oct-12 20:00:21

We got an ex display one. Maybe worth hunting round a few shops to see if there's one kicking about. We paid £500 ish force good, thick acrylic bath, sink and loo plus taps. It had been £1800. I sat in the bath to bagssy it while DH went to find a sales assistant.

CuriousMama Sun 07-Oct-12 20:13:39

That's a good idea I hadn't thought of that thanks.

gussiegrips Sun 07-Oct-12 20:16:32

Was that in the actual shop, Bike? Did you happen to be in the right place at the right time, or is there an art to finding these bargains?

Will take all the kids along - that way we can bagsy the sink, bath, loo and shower. Ha, knew they'd come in handy for something eventually!

ATourchOfInsanity Sun 07-Oct-12 20:19:34

I got all of my bathroom bits on line after a lot of browsing. I seem to remember plumbworld were relatively cheap...

CuriousMama Sun 07-Oct-12 20:42:58

Cheers. I've been browsing online too, it's quite addictive isn't it? I thought it'd be boring but it's not.

I planned the bathroom that I had with exdh, which he still has. I also planned the kitchen. So no doubt I'll be taking over poor dp's project grin

BikeRunSki Sun 07-Oct-12 22:56:57

It was in an actual shop, and yes, we just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

gussiegrips Mon 08-Oct-12 09:29:10

Might have to start hovering over baths in posh shops...

CuriousMama Mon 08-Oct-12 13:39:12

grin gussie

We're thinking of doing our own tiling, dp's done it before and it looks good?

TirednessKills Mon 08-Oct-12 14:26:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CuriousMama Mon 08-Oct-12 14:38:25

Thank you TirednessKills.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now