Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please can I brag and get excited...purleasseee

(18 Posts)
FishfingersAreOK Sun 07-Oct-12 10:24:42

Cannot in RL as I, well, don't want to brag and hack people off...but I am soooooo excited. 8 Days until the lovely, shiny, black, cast iron Esse Range is delivered. 8 days! We ordered it back in April when we started this project....it has been made to order and ready for a couple of months and finally we are ready for it to be delivered.

The whole house layout had the range centered as the focal point. It feels like the end is nigh. And, and it is beautiful. And something I have wanted for years. And I want to be standing in my kitchen with my bum on it drinking coffee, watching my family and have lovely tasty things cooking within.

Sooo excited. They may not be fashionable at the moment but Bugger That!!

Excited. Bragging. Don't care. Woooo hoooooo. 8 Days!

(Oh and please can I come and be very excited when it arrives...please..blush

DeadQODy Sun 07-Oct-12 10:26:37

Cool!

Lulabellarama Sun 07-Oct-12 10:26:43

I completely get why that would be exciting. We're hopefully doing the kitchen next year and the oven will be my highpoint.
Please post a picture when it is in!

WiseKneeHair Sun 07-Oct-12 10:28:04

Brag away. grin
However, in return we expect pictures.

SeveredEdMcDunnough Sun 07-Oct-12 10:34:44

Oh yes indeed, it soundswonderful and I'm very envy!

I love stoves. Not that I can cook or know how to use one - indeed I once got a second hand Rayburn put into a rental flat and all it did was smoke out the kitchen!

But they are such beautiful things. I hope it is as lovely as it sounds smile

financialwizard Sun 07-Oct-12 13:34:27

envy

Lots of piccies please

Sinkingfeeling Sun 07-Oct-12 18:15:31

Oh, exciting! <very nosy> Do you have a link to the model you've ordered? Is it gas/electric/oil? Did you consider an aga too? We've also been looking at Esse ranges but need to do more research.

FishfingersAreOK Sun 07-Oct-12 18:34:24

www.esse.com/range-cookers/cat-/ is the one we are getting. We wanted a flueless on - but not one that is a fan oven dressed up as a range.

We bought it from here www.cast-iron-range-cookers.co.uk/ - it was a bit of a trek but we drove out to the showroom to have a look as the chap here (Andy) has so many different ones on show and knew so much. So when we decided which one we wanted we called him up to get it from him.

He really rated the Everhot ones as well - but we wanted round lids not square ones {shallow emoticon}. To be honest it really was a heart purchase, not a head one. obviously as otherwise you would never spend such a stupid amount of money on an oven and a bum warmer

Soo excited and thank you for all the appropriate responses grin.

weedonleg Sun 07-Oct-12 19:55:08

ooh lovely! Now tell me this, how does it work with regard to bum warming. is it like an aga where it is on always, or do you turn it on and off. If so, how would you use it differently in summer and winter?

I love the huge range of colours it comes in!

FishfingersAreOK Sun 07-Oct-12 21:10:37

You tend to leave it on all the time on "tick over" - stops condensation and barely uses any energy. Then you can either bring it up to temperature manually in 15 minutes or there is a 7 day timer which you can bring it to temperature 3 times a day. So bum warming 24/7 if required.

LittleMilla Sun 07-Oct-12 21:13:55

Wow-weeee.

Jealous. When we buy our forever house I am hoping to get one of those.

grin

discrete Sun 07-Oct-12 21:16:09

That is stunning. I'm putting it on the list for my next house. I can't see any combined gas and wood ones though, and that's what I really want....

amazonianwoman Sun 07-Oct-12 21:24:59

envy envy envy

SrirachaGhoul Sun 07-Oct-12 21:56:24

Ohhhh...those are gorgeous <imagines standing in front of one to warm bottom on cold days>. That is very exciting...getting new things for the house makes me giddy too...I totally get it. Enjoy! smile

FishfingersAreOK Mon 08-Oct-12 22:05:56

Thank you everyone. Feeling nicely bragged now. Suitable responses gratefully received. grin

FlatCapAndAWhippet Wed 10-Oct-12 03:39:54

Oh my, I totally get it! envy

How exciting. grin

oldmart Mon 10-Nov-14 21:19:35

Hello, Can you give us an update please? Has the range lived up to expectations? Any problems with condensation? We are thinking of getting an Esse flueless also and would be very interested to know what you think of yours, Thanks, M.

darciesnan Thu 13-Aug-15 10:19:50

Hi, wondered if you could give me a update on you experience with your Esse? Am hoping to purchase the Esse EL45 amp with the plus 2... but read one or two negative comments about condensation (crys!) and would be grateful to know of your experience smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now