Talk

Advanced search

Stainless steel/Brushed Steel/Chrome taps and sink - quick opinions please?

(9 Posts)
FishfingersAreOK Sat 06-Oct-12 21:28:50

Help please.

Exciting stuff - going to finalise some of the details on the kitchen design...we are getting there..but I am not sure whether to go for stainless steel or brushed steel for the tap/sink/cupboard handles...

I have a black cast iron Esse range - with shiny stainless steel lids over the hotplatewww.esse.com/range-cookers/
I have a brushed steel fridge freezer.www.lg.com/uk/fridge-freezers/lg-GM5148AERV-multi-door-bottom-freezer
Have not yet decided upon tap/sink/door handles.
Kitchen will be white shaker, black granite worktops, smoked oak floor.

So, quick opinions. Should I go for brushed or stainless steel/chrome for the tap/sink. And what about cupboard handles - shiny or brushed.

Oh pants.. I hate this. Please anyone with the "flair" help. I don't want it too look botched after all this time and money..

Pannacotta Sat 06-Oct-12 21:37:07

Brushed.
Less "shouty" than chrome or polished s steel.
Also, much more importantly it is far easier to keep clean as it shows finger marks much less and is easier to buff up.

FishfingersAreOK Sat 06-Oct-12 21:47:32

So subtle and understated? Classy? Will this be O K with the shiny range lids (think black Aga). We want the range to be the absolute focal point of the room - so by going understated/brushed on the other bits will this work? It will not look odd (though to bloody late- range tis ordered, paid for and being delivered in just over a week - am sooooooo excited)...but this being the only shiny bit will look....well....not botched...

Pannacotta Sat 06-Oct-12 22:09:21

I think it will look fine, after all your fridge is brushed too so it wont just be the taps etc.
I quite like a natural look with not everything too matchy, much more individual IMO.
You will find the range lids will dull down a bit in time anyway, from everyday use.

FishfingersAreOK Sat 06-Oct-12 22:12:39

And of course they will be covered in folded clothes as they double us as a way to dodge the ironing too....whoooppppeeee...

CointreauVersial Sat 06-Oct-12 22:13:19

We have shiny cupboard handles, and they are a bit of a pain with food splashes and fingermarks. Taps don't matter as much because there's only one and it's pretty easy to wipe down, but there are flippin loads of handles!

LadyPlainJane Sat 06-Oct-12 22:47:10

Trust me on this one.......

Either option will look great! Just choose one or the other and don't give it a moments more thought smile. Mixing and matching is fine. Promise grin

FWIW. I would choose shiny for the sink and taps and brushed for the handles. I would make sure the shiny S/S is good quality.

PigletJohn Sun 07-Oct-12 00:17:26

brushed stainless sink.

Mirror finish stainless shows every drip and watermark, and it will gradually get scratched from pans, knives and utensils.

amazonianwoman Sun 07-Oct-12 08:37:24

Brushed. And very envy of your new Esse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now