Talk

Advanced search

These curtains with this duvet cover or am I having a moment of madness?

(7 Posts)
IHeartKingThistle Sat 06-Oct-12 10:13:33

For spare room, brown leather bed, cream wooden blind, neutral walls, cable knit throw etc. The curtains won't really be closed , just used around the blind.

So already have this duvet set here which is not as dark in real life, a bit softer colours. Also half covered by cream throw.
Thinking about these curtains.

It's madness isn't it?

Pancakeflipper Sat 06-Oct-12 10:15:12

Depends on how big the room is and how busy the rest of the decor is. A big room with plain walls - yes. A small room with busy walls - could be migraine inducing.

IHeartKingThistle Sat 06-Oct-12 10:25:46

It's a decent size for a spare room, but not massive. Plain walls, yes. Don't want to give our guests migraines!

IHeartKingThistle Sat 06-Oct-12 18:12:09

Any other suggestions? I like these too, or I was trying to find some neutral fine stripe ones but that has proved impossible! Well, impossible at the £50 mark!

7to25 Sat 06-Oct-12 20:53:59

Which curtains are you linking? the orange ones?
I like the Dunhelm Mill ones.
How about a stripe in the Colours of the duvet cover? I thought it would be a huge floral job! I think the bedding is quite unobtrusive.

maxmillie Sat 06-Oct-12 21:26:08

This isnt much help - I don't really like the curtains but I really like the duvet set! Will look out for it next time I am in ikea.

IHeartKingThistle Sat 06-Oct-12 23:37:06

OK have ordered the Dunelm Mill ones - gave DH the final choice as I was getting curtain blindness! I think it'll work.

Really pleased with the duvet set actually, and it makes the strange blue carpet look almost intentional!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now