Talk

Advanced search

Vendor has decided to pull out and sell privately

(6 Posts)
GreenEggsAndNichts Fri 05-Oct-12 12:11:20

I suppose there is no way we can recoup any of the money we've spent on surveys, solicitors, etc? I hate this system. sad

(Of course, if you've seen my other threads, you'd know I was planning on changing our bid due to problems which popped up on the survey. However, he's made this move before I had a chance to get back to the EA, so now I'm just even more angry about the whole thing)

suburbandweller Fri 05-Oct-12 12:27:40

Assuming you're not in Scotland, sadly there is nothing you can do unless you had a prior agreement that costs would be refunded if either party pulled out. It's why the house selling/buying process is such a nightmare in England and Wales. Unfortunately you'll have to chalk the costs up to experience and keep your fingers crossed that your awful money-grabbing morally dubious arse of a seller finds himself in a few months time with no buyer in circs where you have found yourself a much better and cheaper alternative home sad

GreenEggsAndNichts Fri 05-Oct-12 13:44:12

suburban thank you for that, I really appreciate it. I read it aloud for DH. He agrees- we will find a better house, maybe not cheaper, but it will certainly be better! thanks

TalkinPeace2 Fri 05-Oct-12 16:41:49

((GreenEggs))
Sadly I think this one is for the best.
Yes you have spent money on the surveys
but think how much you have SAVED on the bits of work you were yet to find needed doing !

Northernlurker Fri 05-Oct-12 16:48:55

Just look at your other thread. I think this is a lucky escape tbh. The house has all the hall marks of a money pit that the vendor is trying to offload. There are some truly awful houses out there. My friends nearly bought one - were saved by a survey which revealed many problems and a 'value' 100% below the offer price....

FireOverBabylon Fri 05-Oct-12 16:55:33

Greeneggs I have a friend this happened to. They were about to complete on a house when the vendor pulled out and announced he was selling to someone else who offered more money at the last minute. The new buyer had a stroke 48 hours before the completion and never did get into that house. my friend however, has now spent 30 years in another, nicer, house, driving past the house that the vendor gave up on trying to move from because he couldn't get the house he wanted once he had no buyer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now