Talk

Advanced search

Dark pine doors/skirtings and mirrored wardrobes - matching furniture?

(2 Posts)
KKKKaty Wed 03-Oct-12 13:55:49

I've recently moved into a house that has dark pine wooden doorframes, doors and skirtings. Where we lived before had all that painted white. It looks good and I wouldn't want to paint it all white because it would be a lot of work and we'd have to repaint in future years etc.

However, my problem is that I can't work out whether any wooden furniture I buy has to be in the same dark pine colour? Surely if I get light pine or oak or darker wood furniture it'll all look a bit mismatched and random?

Also, the bedrooms have built in wardrobes which is great from a storage point of view, but they all have mirrored sliding doors. I'm finding it difficult to come to a decision about decor and furnishings. I'd like a sort of boudoiry-velvet-chandeliery type thing in our room, but won't that jar with mirrored wardrobe doors?

Aarrgh. I need to start decorating and buying furniture but find myself mentally hamstrung. Help me!

fossil97 Wed 03-Oct-12 15:14:21

We've got the antique pine joinery thing too. The room that has a wooden floor, is in a blending colour, but apart from that we have just gone for whatever furniture we like. Medium oak fits in well. Depends whether you like a polished, matching look (Next Directory style) or not.

Whatever you do, don't get furniture you don't really like just to match in with the joinery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now