Talk

Advanced search

Advice for moving out of London ...

(8 Posts)
georgieJefferis Mon 01-Oct-12 21:07:58

Hi - we are planning on moving out of London and are looking for somewhere family focused, good schools and commuting links to London, green and leafy with a nice local town ... any suggestions. We have a two year old so good nurseries would be helpful ... we have looked at Epsom, Guildford, Godlaming and Hertfordshire but haven't found them inspiring. Our price range is to £450k.
Any help gratefully received!

FishfingersAreOK Mon 01-Oct-12 21:25:25

Hertfordhire is quite a big county commutersville wise....where in Hertfordshire have you looked? What are you hoping to get for your £450K?

MrsJamin Mon 01-Oct-12 21:36:09

Wokingham?

mimmymouse Mon 01-Oct-12 22:02:44

Try Haddenham in Bucks. Fast, frequent trains to London Marylebone. Lovely village. Good schools. Or Thame which is 5 mins drive away from Haddenham. Proper Market town with Market every Tuesday. We moved here from London 4.5 years ago. With that budget, I think you'd be fine. Happy searching!

CuddyMum Mon 01-Oct-12 22:40:20

Olney in Bucks - 50 mins fast train to London from Milton Keynes. I have a house for sale (shamefully prostituting my house smile ). No seriously it's a lovely market town, great schools, shops, restaurants, countryside etc.

likeatonneofbricks Mon 01-Oct-12 23:07:25

how far from London are you prepared to travel? Hard to advise without this info! Parts of Kent are nice (Sevenoaks though it won't be a big house for that) it's near Knowle (sp?) a huge deer park/green estate, good with children, small and manageable town with nice shops. Depends what you find inspiring too - the countryside or the shopping or a look of the place you live?

greyvix Mon 01-Oct-12 23:55:02

Farnham is very nice, with good local shops and Guildford only 9 miles away. The schools are very good, and surrounding area lovely.

PanicMode Tue 02-Oct-12 13:58:40

We moved from London to Epsom (didn't really like it) and from there to Tunbridge Wells which I love. £450k would get you a decent 4 bed house close to a good school.....commute is under an hour to London Bridge/Charing X.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now