Talk

Advanced search

How to find out the price history of houses on rightmove

(9 Posts)
MrsJamin Sun 30-Sep-12 14:24:19

Have found a wonderful tool to find out previous prices of houses on rightmove, you just download the firefox toolbar from property-bee.com which automatically adds extra information onto the houses' information in your search results. Very interesting to see houses that have been for sale for a while, and when the price was changed - gives you extra information to help you find houses which look like they want to sell quickly.

wendybird77 Sun 30-Sep-12 14:40:21

Love property bee! Slightly addicted. grin

MrsJamin Sun 30-Sep-12 14:41:09

It's making me feel nosy about properties I'm not even interested in buying!

FatherReboolaConundrum Sun 30-Sep-12 18:58:43

Do be aware, though, that property bee isn't always accurate. For example, a house came on the market last October, we made an offer on it last November, found out that the vendors were cowboy-building, lying bastards in Feb and walked away, they put it back on the market with the same EAs in March. Property bee only has a record of the house being on the market since then (March), when in fact it was on the market for almost 6 months longer, with one failed sale. And, not surprisingly, if vendors change EA it doesn't recognise the property as the same one previously on the market with a different EA. So it's useful as far as it goes, but don't assume it's giving you the full picture.

1605 Sun 30-Sep-12 20:16:56

As Father says, estate agents are wising up to PropertyBee and are learning how to manipulate it.

It's still fantastic and no-one should buy a house without it. Propertysnake is a similar tool.

MrsJamin Sun 30-Sep-12 20:45:25

Does that mean they put on a price, and then reduce it a week or so later, knowing that people can see that?

papooser Mon 01-Oct-12 03:14:36

It was really helpful for us when buying a house - but agree that it doesn't always give accurate information. For example, I saw that the house we are buying (quite some time after our offer was accepted) was suddenly listed as available again, then STC again, then available, then STC all in a matter of days (implying that maybe there were issues with the contract falling through). Nothing of the sort had happened - so I have no idea why this came up on property bee.

htatt73 Mon 01-Oct-12 20:54:40

OurProperty.co.uk will give you prices houses sold for and similar ones in that area also. However it registers about 2 or 3 months after the house sold. Still helpful if you are looking at houses to compare with if you are thinking of putting your house on the market.

1605 Tue 02-Oct-12 09:08:50

Following on from htatt Zoopla has also started keeping the 'history' of a house, complete with estate agent's listing.

This is brilliant to ensure you do not overpay. I have seen smaller houses in need of refurbishment sell for dramatically more than their much glossier, extended counterparts, simply because a buyer new to the market has no way of comparing floorplans.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now