Talk

Advanced search

August house prices just published by Land Registry

(7 Posts)
weedonleg Fri 28-Sep-12 11:19:00

They usually take a few weeks to filter through to Zoopla and Rightmove etc, so if you want the latest prices now, go to

www.landregistry.gov.uk/public/information/public-data/price-paid-data/price-paid-data-files

and download the .csv file, then once you are in Excel, you can use the 'Find and select' tool (binoculars) to search for the start of a postcode or a village/town.

I've just seen that a house we discounted viewing because it was on for £795K actually sold for £615K!

ogredownstairs Fri 28-Sep-12 20:29:59

Thanks! Never knew you could do this - v helpful, given that I am both very nosy and very impatient.

ILikeToMowIt Fri 28-Sep-12 20:39:46

what could be the reason for our new house not being there???

Yddraigoldragon Fri 28-Sep-12 20:44:59

If you drop it into csv/excel, stick filters on the top line and do text filters off the postcode drop down, you can search for the first 2 or 4 letters of the postcde you need.
I like this a lot, thanks OP

RCheshire Sat 29-Sep-12 10:02:33

Brand new house sales aren't included nor are repossessions.

weedonleg Sat 29-Sep-12 10:58:17

We sold in August too and our house still isn't there. I think it depends on when your solicitor gets around to registering the transfer at the land registry, I expect they do it in batches.

It comes out at the end of each month for the previous month. The September data will be published on 26th October at 11 am.

ILikeToMowIt Sat 29-Sep-12 11:35:08

we moved in the spring and our old house is on it. we received the title deeds so i know that the title was transferred. and it was not a repossession. am a bit puzzled. i guess it doesn't matter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now