Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know anything about Vintage Ercol??

(5 Posts)
shattereddreams Thu 27-Sep-12 22:26:05

I have a few pieces of my Grandparents Ercol.

Thought about flogging it on eBay, decided best not as it seems to be of some value.

It has a blue label which seems to be sought after.
What does the blue label mean?

I actually quite like it, but it's not the best fit in my Victorian cottage. I would plonk it in safe storage if it's likely to be an antique for my children or grandchildren....

The new Ercol is some serious £££££! So I want to respect my Grandparents obvious attention to detail and effort as they were not well off.

hellymelly Thu 27-Sep-12 22:29:02

Depends on the ercol colour and the style. You would get more for it on ebay than anywhere else I would imagine, as the popular styles and colours fetch good prices. Only the pale wood sells for any sort of an amount, and only the simpler styles. Hard to say how the value will go as at the moment those styles are fashionable again but that could change. If you like it why not keep one favourite piece and sell the rest?

shattereddreams Thu 27-Sep-12 22:49:26

Well it's fairly light. Sideboard and pebble nest. My brother and sis have lots more too.
Does the blue label mean anything though? Why are e at sellers saying 'BLUE LABEL'

shattereddreams Thu 27-Sep-12 22:49:44

That should be eBay not e at

halfnhalf Fri 28-Sep-12 08:36:47

as hellymelly said, it's only the pale wood Ercol that has much value. You can see on Ebay how much pieces go for (the pebble sets go for a lot). I wouldn't put it in storage, as tastes might have changed by the time your children want it. Why not use it yourself? I have lots in my Victorian house as it's so well-made and comfortable. I thought the blue label was a form of authentication - not sure though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now