Talk

Advanced search

Roller blinds

(8 Posts)
Rhubarbgarden Thu 27-Sep-12 20:12:29

I need a couple of roller blinds (blackout) for dd's room. I need to get them made to measure as the windows are an odd size, and I have neither the time nor the skill to faff around with a hack saw. Can anyone recommend an online company who makes them? I want roller rather than roman as the windows are quite small but have a stunning view, so I need the blinds to take up as little of the window recess as possible and roman ones don't fold up terribly compactly in my experience. Thanks.

WynkenBlynkenandNod Thu 27-Sep-12 20:16:17

I used Tuiss Blinds for bathroom blind and am about to order another fom them.

Magicrabbit Thu 27-Sep-12 20:18:00

I have used blinds2go a number of times and I've been very happy with them. They are also very reasonably priced.

DuchessOfAvon Thu 27-Sep-12 20:20:31

Very happy with mine from John Lewis!

suburbandweller Fri 28-Sep-12 11:42:43

I usually have roller blinds made by Laura Ashley - have been very pleased with their quality (unlike their roman blinds, which are a while other story). They have 30% off made to measure in the sale at the mo I think.

Spirael Fri 28-Sep-12 12:15:33

I've used Blinds UK before and was happy with the price, speed and product. They have lots of colour/style choices.

How old is your DD? I went for a child-safe blind which is fantastic. It blocks the light and gives me peace of mind that there isn't enough cord for DD (2) to accidentally strangle herself.

If she plays with it, worst she'll do is cause it to retract! She's not managed yet, but it's easy for me/DH to roll away. You don't see it at all, when it's within its canister.

If/when we ever manage to move house, I'll be ordering another one for her new room. smile

Rhubarbgarden Fri 28-Sep-12 22:28:13

Thanks, loads to go on here. Spirael I hadn't thought of the safety angle - thanks v much for pointing that out. Dd is 2 so highly likely to play with them.

Miller1977 Sun 30-Sep-12 13:25:43

I have used http://www.247blinds.co.uk It was easy to measure and they cam through really quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now