Talk

Advanced search

What do you have on your bathroom floor?

(12 Posts)
Virgil Sun 23-Sep-12 22:35:05

I was taken with the polished porcelain in the showroom but am worried about it being slippery and dangerous. Might still go for it on the walls (large 30 x 60 cream shiny tiles) but now don't know what to put on the floor. What do you have on your bathroom floor?

CaliforniaLeaving Sun 23-Sep-12 23:00:31

We have tiles, not the very shiny ones but ones made for floors, and they seem fine. Cold in winter, but we put a mat next to the sink and one for getting out of the shower and it's fine.

starfishmummy Sun 23-Sep-12 23:01:17

We have the much maligned carpet. Completely non slippery as we have a Ds with mobility problems.

80sMum Sun 23-Sep-12 23:02:40

Ceramic floor tiles with electric heatmat underneath.

TimothyTumblespring Sun 23-Sep-12 23:03:43

We have some deeply unattractive yet practical green lino.

Virgil Sun 23-Sep-12 23:05:36

We have Lino at the moment and I have to admit it has a lot going for it. Cheap warm
And easy to clean.

Trazzletoes Sun 23-Sep-12 23:08:20

We have carpet left behind by previous owners. HATE IT. It makes me gip every time I see it. I can't wait to win the lottery have enough spare cash to tile the floor.

minipie Mon 24-Sep-12 12:13:32

We have floorboards. Look nice and not cold but I do worry about water getting down between the gaps keep meaning to get the gaps sealed but haven't got round to it yet. If I could be bothered I'd get the floorboards painted too.

Pascha Mon 24-Sep-12 12:20:39

Lino upstairs. Ceramic tiles and underfloor heating downstairs. We are moving the upstairs bathroom soon, I might go for a rubberised floor this time.

Rattitude Mon 24-Sep-12 12:22:36

I have tiles, which are not slippery. I like them for hygiene reasons.

A friend of mine is redoing his bathroom and has chosen to fit Aquastep flooring, based on the plumber's recommendation. It won't be fitted until November so I cannot yet tell you how good or not it will look and be.

TalkinPeace2 Mon 24-Sep-12 15:15:33

bamboo

CuddyMum Mon 24-Sep-12 15:42:39

I have black slate effect laminate tiles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now