Talk

Advanced search

What colour is your garage door?

(12 Posts)
anchovies Sun 23-Sep-12 12:56:06

Just that really. Paint it white and accept it will get dirty again quickly or pick a colour?

Piemistress Sun 23-Sep-12 13:26:46

Ours was white, painted it red but it didnt look right so painted it white again!!

Virgil Sun 23-Sep-12 15:12:54

Ours is a soft greyish green. House is painted cream. Looks lovely

CuddyMum Sun 23-Sep-12 18:11:48

Dark green

NimpyWindowMash Sun 23-Sep-12 18:14:19

Mine is white, but it's in a row, so it sort of has to be really. I guess that if I had the choice I would try red or blue.

echt Sun 23-Sep-12 20:51:04

We have two garage doors, one to the drive which is still a boring putty colour. The one leading into the garden is something else. It's a brilliant pale turquoise and the garage wall, which is immense, is a deep blue, the kind you get in the Majorelle Gardens in Marrakesh.

PigletJohn Sun 23-Sep-12 21:05:27

it is wood, and is stained a dark brown using water-resistant shed and fence stain. So is the side gate, and the wooden trim round the windows (not the frames). There are no cracks or gaps in the coating at the joints as it goes in.

If yours has already been painted, it's too late to stain.

Rhubarbgarden Sun 23-Sep-12 21:27:38

White.

FishfingersAreOK Sun 23-Sep-12 21:35:46

A horrid metallic, unpainted metal colour. In a vile square blocky type building built at some indeterminate time between 1935 and 1960. With a terrifying inspection pit goblin filled dungeon in it. Not a look I recommended.

Our last house had a deep navy double garage. Was lovely.

Neighbours went from pale burgundy to mid -meh- green to orangy brown. All meh actually.

I will probably have a similar dilemma between black/navy/white when we get round do de-fuglying- our garage. Though will probably be black...white rendered house with black facias...
{dull emoticon}

Devora Sun 23-Sep-12 21:44:12

Cuprinol wild sage - a grey green.

Iwillorderthefood Sun 23-Sep-12 21:49:04

Oh to have a garage.

CaliforniaLeaving Sun 23-Sep-12 23:03:48

White. It used to be cream, but we did all the trim white and painted the garage door to match.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now