Talk

Advanced search

Condensor clothes driers - any good?

(14 Posts)
MaggieW Sat 22-Sep-12 15:19:17

My Bosch drier has died. Because of the fittings for the vent I need to replace it with a condensor or have kitchen cabinets pulled out to fit new vent, which I'd like to avoid! My repair man says to go for a Hoover or Zanussi as Bosch is good at washine machines but not good at driers, so just wondered what they're like to use please? Are they efficient time-wise; and also energy-wise? Any other pluses/negatives? TIA.

DorisVinyard Sat 22-Sep-12 15:36:10

My experience is (we currently have a condensor one) that vented ones are quicker and more convenient. With the condensor type, you have to empty the water container each time you use it. Ours (which is 2 years old) has had to be modified by my husband to drain into the washing machine outlet as it was draining all over the floor instead of into the tank which you empty. It has to now be put on twice to dry the clothes as the sensor doesn't appear to work. We have a Hoover 9 kg drier and it's useless. I had a condensor one years ago and that one didn't impress me much then either. Miss my vented one sad.

LadySybildeChocolate Sat 22-Sep-12 15:37:54

Mine's a Candy. It's great, you don't have to empty the water container each time you use it as it's huge! I've had it for 5 years and have never had a problem with it.

missmapp Sat 22-Sep-12 15:39:45

We have a condenser as we have no access to a vent, it is great and works very well, you just have to make sure you empty the filter regularly aswell as the water thing.

ArcticRoll Sat 22-Sep-12 15:41:56

We've just bought a Miele condenser one-£££ but really good.

frankie4 Sat 22-Sep-12 15:44:04

I have an indesit condenser dryer and it is great, works really well. I empty the water container probably once every few weeks, and also the filter.

follyfoot Sat 22-Sep-12 15:48:27

We've got an AEG condenser and its great. Our water container doesnt have to be emptied each time and its only a 30 second job (if that) when it does need doing. We've used it regularly for a couple of years without any trouble.

gladyoucame Sat 22-Sep-12 15:51:04

Siemens one here. Had it 3 years no probs so far. Really quick to empty water tank and only needs doing every few goes. Expensive but worth it so far.

CuddyMum Sat 22-Sep-12 16:07:11

We have one and love it!

Pannacotta Sat 22-Sep-12 18:20:38

We've had a Miele condenser for 10 years and its very good, thought I dont use it much.
BIt of a faff to empty it but otherwise works well.

pchip Sat 22-Sep-12 23:12:18

Mom bought the bosch condenser one. She can't stop raving about it (and she's accustomed to the vent types having lived in the States)

GrandPoohBah Sat 22-Sep-12 23:15:42

I have a zanussi mini condenser and it's great. Two settings, the condenser holds probably 5 or 6 loads worth of water, and it's relatively speedy.

poppyboo Sun 23-Sep-12 08:08:11

Got a Bosch one and love it, only cycle worth using on it though is Extra Dry, the other cycles come out too damp LOL
Other than that it's great!

PigletJohn Sun 23-Sep-12 09:49:34

Condenser driers are more complicated and go wrong more often, there are some really good ones at £900 or so

IMO it is much easier to drill a hole in a wall and run a duct than some people think. Once done you have the option to use vented driers should you so desire.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now