Talk

Advanced search

Exterior masonry paint that is not yellow or peachy?

(10 Posts)
Pandam Sat 22-Sep-12 10:44:54

Can anyone recommend a non-yellowy non-peachy off white exterior wall paint? Not f&b as just tarting up the house before sale and want to do it as cheaply as poss. Thanks.

TirednessKills Sat 22-Sep-12 11:20:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pandam Sat 22-Sep-12 11:35:23

Good advice! However I have no idea what colour it is as was done before our time. Is a too harsh/ cold white at the mo.

TirednessKills Sat 22-Sep-12 13:04:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GobHoblin Sat 22-Sep-12 21:39:31

I would say Chalk Hill or Light Cream in Sandtex or Jasmine white in Weathershield?

FancyBread Sat 22-Sep-12 23:53:09

Chalk hill gets my vote

PigletJohn Sun 23-Sep-12 11:44:48

if you want to save money, look at this year's popular colours in places like Wickes and Wilkinsons.

There are lots of other colours you can get, but will cost twice as much. All the manufacturers seem to get together and agree half a dozen popular colours, and change the range every few years. White and magnolia are always popular.

YeahBuddy Sun 23-Sep-12 11:48:20

Not really helpful but there's a guy in my town who painted his house bright pink with yellow on the bricks under the windows and around the doors. He's just redone it bright green with orange grin it looks very very tacky but it kind of works.

Sorry, completely unhelpful but just thought I'd share smile

Pandam Sun 23-Sep-12 20:40:55

Thank you all. I am now armed with tester pots (none of which are bright green or orange yeah buddy wink)

YeahBuddy Tue 25-Sep-12 23:01:16

That's a shame Pandam, I thought I may have inspired a whole load of brightly coloured houses to pop up randomly throughout the country.
<Too much time on my hands obviously>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now