Talk

Advanced search

Something similar to F&B Borrowed light?

(12 Posts)
MidnightinMoscow Fri 21-Sep-12 15:36:26

Looking to paint DS's bedroom in the above colour, but worried about using F&B due to both cost and 'cleanability'.

Has anyone used anything else as a replica?

TIA.

fresh Fri 21-Sep-12 15:45:40

Have a look at Dulux Clouded Sky...pretty close. From the Authentics range.

drjohnsonscat Fri 21-Sep-12 15:47:50

or dulux French Grey is lovely. Not grey - a very pretty pale blue without being sickly.

I have borrowed light in my hall and it looks hideous. Grubby and sort of uninspiring all the time.

MidnightinMoscow Fri 21-Sep-12 17:07:25

Thank you for the suggestions - will head to DIY stores tomorrow for some testers.

Interesting what you say about your hallway drjohnscat - it looks lovely in DS's bedroom. Did a spot of the sample in our hallway too, and it did look very drab.

Good really, as we have to paint the whole hallway and two landings so F&B would be far to £££.

Back2Two Fri 21-Sep-12 17:10:38

Watching thread

drjohnsonscat Fri 21-Sep-12 17:15:01

Maybe, despite the name, it does need to be in a really well lit room. My hallway really does have borrowed light and the colour just always looks drab - perhaps it's better in an brighter, naturally lit space?

MidnightinMoscow Fri 21-Sep-12 17:29:17

Well, DS room is south facing and is light and airy - 2 windows and high ceilings. The hallway only gets light from the two glass panels in our front door, as we have just had to put a fire door on the kitchen - blocking the light coming from the other end of the house.

We have just finished a loft conversion - which means we have a lot of decorating to do.

amazonianwoman Fri 21-Sep-12 18:48:43

I've had Borrowed light copied at Johnstone's Leyland for DS' room. Looks good and their paint is very easy to use.

greyvix Fri 21-Sep-12 19:40:51

Borrowed Light is my new favourite colour. I painted DS's already blue room in it, and the rest of my family couldn't see the difference, but I love the subtleness of the colour. You could try the copy advised by amazonianwoman.

littleomar Fri 21-Sep-12 19:49:30

I've just done half our bedroom in borrowed light and ds wants it in his. Jury is out on the colour because it's dark now, but I've got through a lot of f&b in my time and never had problems with cleaning the modern emulsion

Our last house, which was quite a gloomy house, had bedrooms in f&b French gray which is a warm greyish blue.

MidnightinMoscow Sun 23-Sep-12 08:58:00

Thanks for all the suggestions and info.

Have got some samples of the ones above, and will check out a Johnston's stockist.

Pantah630 Sun 23-Sep-12 09:12:17

DS2's room is a Brewers copy of Borrowed Light, looks lovely in a small room. Made it seem bigger and lighter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now