Talk

Advanced search

We're in! Thanks for all the help.

(11 Posts)
Rhubarbgarden Fri 21-Sep-12 06:52:33

We moved into our lovely new house in the country yesterday. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on here who helped with my property search, offering advice and helping us assess the relative merits of all those houses we looked at. It was all most appreciated! thanks

Sinkingfeeling Fri 21-Sep-12 09:54:24

Hooray! Excellent news - I followed your previous thread avidly and am very envy.

mylovelymonster Fri 21-Sep-12 11:18:53

<<falls off chair agog at actual successful ending to Rhubarbgarden's (& even more so concerning Mr. RH!) long, arduous search for a new family home>>

Wayhay!! YOU DID IT!!
So pleased - the cellar one, right? You will now have time to perfect the ambience/tree site for Christmas. VERY exciting grin
I hope for photos. I particularly need inspiration for my new hillside wilderness garden, so will stay glued.
Every happiness etc. etc. grin

RCheshire Fri 21-Sep-12 11:29:17

Excellent. Very pleased for you.

typicalvirgo Fri 21-Sep-12 11:31:28

Hey fantastic - enjoy it !

I'm going to miss all the excitement now you are sorted - who's turn is it next ?

CuddyMum Fri 21-Sep-12 15:17:42

Wow - that all happened quickly - well done smile

TunipTheVegemal Fri 21-Sep-12 17:18:09

Oh well done! Hope you will post pics when you can. Are you going to plant a rhubarbgarden in honour of your name?

tricot39 Fri 21-Sep-12 18:49:26

congratulations!
i had been wondering if you were moving about now. glad it all went smoothly.

Rhubarbgarden Fri 21-Sep-12 20:05:23

Ha! Tunip I will indeed be planting some crowns of the old ancestral rhubarb from up in the Triangle. One small corner of Sussex will be forever Yorkshire! unless it dies like it did in London

I am sitting in the old bread oven, glass of wine in hand, cats freshly sprung from prison, kids in bed, and all is well - if I ignore the hundred boxes that need unpacking. I am very, very relieved to be in after committing the schoolboy error of completing on the house we were living in before completing on the one we were buying, and making ourselves homeless for two weeks.

Now the only fly in the ointment is discovering that actually, rather than there being nothing in need of doing, there is tonnes that needs doing. Bathroom, kitchen, total redecoration, and ooh, perhaps a wall or two could come out... So I think I'll be hanging around this board for a while yet! smile

TunipTheVegemal Fri 21-Sep-12 20:14:38

'I am sitting in the old bread oven'

How cool is that! grin

Good luck with the rhubarb. I am sure it will flourish.

Levantine Fri 21-Sep-12 20:18:24

Wow! That happened quickly, well done!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now