Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Nice-looking laminate worktops. Do they exist?

(5 Posts)
mosaica Wed 19-Sep-12 22:09:41

Hi,

I've been quoted £2,00 + VAT for a granite worktop vs £340 + VAT for top-of-the-range laminate. I don't like the look of laminate -particularly when it is wood or something else effect- but I can see it offers lots of advantages as it is hard-wearing and inexpensive.

Are there any wonder brands offering really nice-looking laminate worktops? For information, my soon-to-be-renovated kitchen will have painted Shaker-style units. Thanks in advance!

betterwhenthesunshines Thu 20-Sep-12 12:57:17

Look at Getalit laminates. They do they best 'slate' or a a good matt concrete effect one. They;ll post you A5 samples of the top layer. I think they also have quite a small corner radius so you don't get that obvious 'laminate' edge profile.

It's also heat resistant to 220 degrees. I think I'm going to get one and go for granite later as I need to save some costs.

Thromdimbulator Thu 20-Sep-12 13:20:14

Watching with interest.

Can laminate really be heat resistant in the same way granite is? So you could put a tray on it straight from the oven? Anyone tried this at home?

TirednessKills Thu 20-Sep-12 14:17:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

growingweeble Sun 23-Sep-12 00:36:01

I tried to find one and couldnt. Ended up with a product called iostone. It's like corian (ie solid all the way through) but doesn't need templating, so much cheaper (though still 4 times that of laminate). Not a granite look though if that's what you are after.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now