Talk

Advanced search

Should I get a recliner sofa?

(14 Posts)
LilMissSunshine9 Wed 19-Sep-12 14:14:47

Hey all

I need help choosing a sofa - at first I was dead set against leather sofas because they get cold in winter, however on the weekend I went to Lakeside and popped into CSL - for a laugh we were checking out the recliner sofas.

Now I have fallen in love with them because they are so comfortable and the leather on the one I live is soft so won't get cold in winter: http://www.csl-sofas.co.uk/sofas/navelli

So I would love to hear your opinions on recliner sofas - are they worth the cost? Is an electric one better than a manual one?

Japple Wed 19-Sep-12 14:19:04

We had a recliner sofa.Bad deal. One clumsy person "Plopping" down on it the
Wrong way...and the Leg Part Warps-permanently.It will Droop as,Time goes
By anyway.We won't make That mistake again.Luck to you.Jill.

CaurnieBred Sat 22-Sep-12 11:23:15

We embraced our inner chav and bought two leather sofas from DFS - 3 seater with manual recliners and a 2 seater with electric. We have only had them a year but so far all seams fine and I love them. I love putting my feet up (am short so legs usually dangle or I have to have feet pointed if I am sitting back on sofas).

My parents have leather recliner armchairs which they have had for about 3/4 years and they are still going strong.

HappyOrchid Sat 22-Sep-12 11:25:53

We bought one for our TV room. It fab, doesn't droop, but the cats do like to climb into the empty space beneath the sofa, so have to be careful before closing again.

EmberRainbow Sat 22-Sep-12 18:38:21

Hi Lilmiss, i have a 2 and 3 seater leather manual recliner sofa from CSL - in fact they look very very similar to your link but in a different colour - I love the recline, use it lots and have had no problems after 3 years, i like they way they move forward to recline so don't need lots of space behind them.

Things i have noticed, you need to move them (they're heavy)and hoover under them fairly often, it's amazing how much ends up going down the gaps! (dog hair and crumbs even though dog and food aren't allowed on the sofas) the back sections filling has started to need a good thump to get into shape and also if buying again i wouldn't get 3 seater - the middle seat doesn't get used as it doesn't recline so it feels new and very bouncy compared to the other seats.

I was new to leather and worried it might be cold too, but i don't regret my sofas, they've dealt great with toddler vomit ect and clean up with baby wipes/leather cleaner well. Oh also the space under the seats is great for hiding the odd xmas presentsmile

scarlettsmummy2 Sat 22-Sep-12 18:39:00

They are Chavtastic. Sorry.

CuddyMum Sat 22-Sep-12 19:34:57

Is it chavvy to have leather sofas? confused

scarlettsmummy2 Sat 22-Sep-12 20:07:54

It's chavvy to have leather reclining ones! Leather that don't recline are fine.

ggirl Sat 22-Sep-12 20:15:47

I prefer lying on my side to watch telly so these never appeal to me.

CuddyMum Sat 22-Sep-12 21:29:50

I'm reclining on my non reclining leather sofa so I think I'm safe smile

Jessica9amber Mon 30-Jan-17 23:23:27

How can a reclining sofa bed cavy. I have heard it all now lol I live them hubby hates it says arm too low..not comfy..is now sitting on floor lol..he will have to stay on floor as only got my chavy sofas last november

Jessica9amber Mon 30-Jan-17 23:23:53

Not bed ..sofa

girlelephant Mon 30-Jan-17 23:24:32

We love our recliners!

ispentitwithyou1 Mon 30-Jan-17 23:30:34

Chavvy?? So says Scarlett's mummy2?!?grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now