Talk

Advanced search

Bright green kitchen - am I mad?

(23 Posts)
GoldPlatedNineDoors Tue 18-Sep-12 21:06:08

I want my kitchen to look like this

Is it too much? Anyone else gone for this sort of colour? The room is relatively small (5 cupboards long and galley style) but nice high ceilings. DH hates 'beige style' colours and loves vibrancy, but im scared this is too far.

IHeartKingThistle Tue 18-Sep-12 21:07:11

Love it with the white units.

ArbitraryUsername Tue 18-Sep-12 21:09:42

You can always repaint it if you decide you don't like it. If you'd gone for bright green units/worktop, it would be harder/more expensive to remedy.

JennerOSity Tue 18-Sep-12 21:11:32

I would love this myself. Possibly not everyones cup'o' tea, but unless you're thinking of selling in the forseeable I'd say go for it. grin

SwedishEdith Tue 18-Sep-12 21:11:34

Oh, I like that! You can always change wall colours if you get tired of it. Do it.

GoldPlatedNineDoors Tue 18-Sep-12 21:12:03

Yes, id much rather put the colour on the wall than the units. We will also have subway tiles inbetween the wall and base cupboards to add in the white as our cupboard doors are the same colour as the counter tops in that link.

GoldPlatedNineDoors Tue 18-Sep-12 21:13:05

Ahaha Jenner we are planning on selling in around three years, and would be tempted to try and sell it like that but happy to repaint if theres no interest or it scares people away grin

Haberdashery Tue 18-Sep-12 21:14:25

I think it's LOVELY. It looks gorgeous. Do it. I would probably drool a bit if I saw that kitchen in real life.

discrete Tue 18-Sep-12 21:15:01

It's fine if you keep the units and the worktops neutral - that way you can always change it if you hate it or grow bored of it.

I think it looks cool, but personally would probably choose orange instead, as I feel green never makes food look particularly appetising.

herhonesty Tue 18-Sep-12 21:56:43

Green is an appetite suppressant so great if you are on a diet!

jammic Tue 18-Sep-12 22:32:41

We did one wall in a green similar to that in the kitchen. The rest of the house is neutral so I was desperate for some colour. A few people said it wouldn't work but it looks fab. They admit to being wrong now gringrin

GotMyLittleLamb Tue 18-Sep-12 22:37:05

my DBro has this colour in his kitchen but rather than do the whole thing, the kitchen is black and white and he has put in a luminous green splashback behind the hob. He has green accessories too, it looks brilliant!! Maybe an alternative if your not sure about going the whole way.

catclarks Tue 18-Sep-12 23:27:37

We've just had a green splashback in matt glass put up in our kitchen and I absolutely love it. It's a bit more lime than the one you are looking at but it looks great. However I can confirm it hasn't had the appetite suppressant quality that I would have liked grin

Devora Tue 18-Sep-12 23:45:34

Looks great to me. I'd probably go for a green with more yellow in it, but I certainly wouldn't be put off as a buyer.

FancyBread Tue 18-Sep-12 23:58:02

I love it and have done similar in the past. I love white kitchens.

You have my permission grin

JennerOSity Wed 19-Sep-12 11:32:48

3 years is a long time with a dull kitchen - do it do it! grin I am very envy

JennerOSity Wed 19-Sep-12 11:33:40

and that is just about the right shade for the kitchen to look good - it looks less good on my face! wink hehehehe

iklboo Wed 19-Sep-12 11:41:54

Small hijack - just read the thread title as 'bright green kitten. I think I need a nap blush.

GrottyPotPlant Wed 19-Sep-12 11:45:57

I have a green kitchen! Also small, and a bit more lime coloured. There is dark wood in the room which we lacked time/money/inclination to replace, and the room gets very little light, so the bright green is perfect at making the room not feel gloomy. I love it!
This colour, in fact:
http://www.littlegreene.com/pale-lime

Do massive test patches, then you can check it against your skintone/ you dinner/ your courage if you are worried about it being unflattering. And it's only paint- and a relatively small amount of it at that. You can always change your mind later and repaint.
Do it!!!

GrottyPotPlant Wed 19-Sep-12 11:46:18

Ahem- link:
www.littlegreene.com/pale-lime

NiniLegsInTheAir Wed 19-Sep-12 11:47:59

Do it! We have a similar (although slightly more limey) green in our tiny north-facing kitchen. It makes the room very warm and I like it grin. To match it we have pale blue cupboards and ordinary oaky-coloured surfaces and floor. smile

ArcticRoll Sat 22-Sep-12 09:43:24

i think it looks stunning -but only if you have white units.

leothelioness Sat 22-Sep-12 09:48:58

I think the colour is lovely with white units.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now