Talk

Advanced search

Rough cost for uPVC windows?

(4 Posts)
Springforward Mon 17-Sep-12 21:01:12

This must have been done a squillion times before, but I can't find any recent threads, so...

...if you have recently had a quote for uPVC windows, would you mind telling me how much it came to?

We're looking to replace knackered hardwood double glazing in a 1980s build, four bed, two reception detached house with one square bay window.

Doors include a patio door, two back doors and a front door, but they could wait as they could be saved with a good rub down and paint, unlike the windows.

TIA.

ArbitraryUsername Tue 18-Sep-12 09:05:13

We just got most of the windows in our new house replaced. Or, to be precise, they're finishing off fitting them today. We went with a local firm, and we've got really good, A rated windows now. Price was £3900 for 2 large, semi-circular bays (5 windows in each) and 4 windows (one of which is very big). The French doors in the kitchen didn't need replacing, and we're leaving the huge sliding doors in the back reception room til later. We're going to replace the hideous front door later too, as there are more urgent things to do first.

Springforward Tue 18-Sep-12 09:22:41

Brilliant, that's helpful - thank you. Getting the quote done Thursday....

Springforward Wed 26-Sep-12 18:59:04

Hello - just thought I'd pop back to update. 12 windows, 3 doors and a patio door will be about £7k (West Midlands, local joiner quoting). We're going to get a second quote to compare now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now