Advanced search


(6 Posts)
Pippa5000 Tue 03-Jul-12 20:39:20


Just bought a new house and previous owner used lots of blinds and left the fittings but not the material. But from the fittings I can't work out what type of blinds they are! There are 2 different types and I've posted some links to images below. The first two are of one type and the next three are another type.

The first two look like roller blinds but they seem to be partitioned across the window which would mean I would need 3 separate blinds?!

Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

fossil97 Tue 03-Jul-12 21:05:04

I wonder if they are some kind of rotary fitted Roman Blinds. The fabric panels would attach to the Velcro at the top.

as per here

I think a company like that would supply you spare parts if the sellers have taken away the blinds - and presumably the rods and strings - weird.

oreocrumbs Tue 03-Jul-12 21:52:23

How odd! Why would you take the blinds but leave the mechanism?

I agree about them being for roman blinds, and I've seen a lot of windows that have 3 small roman blinds rather than one big one.

I would probably take the tracks down and start again with new. My roman blinds are just on battons, no fancy mechanism.

What do you want to do with the windows?

fossil97 Tue 03-Jul-12 22:04:00

Did an over zealous removal company take them by accident? They can't be any possible use without the fittings confused

fresh Wed 04-Jul-12 07:35:28

They look like headrails for Roman blinds, but they've cut the cords off and taken them instead of leaving them with the headrail. You'll either have to start from scratch with new headrails or get a curtain fitter to re-string them. Assuming you want roman blinds. You'll probably need to have them custom made. HTH

crestfitters Tue 25-Mar-14 19:17:37

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now