Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend good value aluminium sliding patio doors

(7 Posts)
sweetmelody Sat 30-Jun-12 18:17:56

Hi - we need to install 6m of aluminium sliding doors in our ground floor kitchen diner. I'd like the three track ones where the threedoors stack up on top of each other on one side, to reveal a 4m gap.

Has anyone installed these and can recommend the company who supplied them?

Thanks

growingweeble Sat 07-Jul-12 07:29:28

I don't know whether they do three stacking doors, but have seen their two door stack. Idealcombi will be dealing direct with public in two weeks, but you can order now if you have a vat registered builder, architect or whoever. Id be interested to see if anyone else can recommend an aluminium door company as idealcombi have £500 delivery charge! Shame as their prices aren't too bad for a very nice looking door.

sweetmelody Sat 07-Jul-12 23:59:16

Sounds like you've done some research. Where did you go to see their doors?

Doodlez Sun 08-Jul-12 00:04:43

www.katuk.co.uk/bifolding-doors/

Bought two sets of their doors recently - top banana, good price, good service.

growingweeble Sun 08-Jul-12 14:38:10

They have a showroom in Bedfordshire. We have their windows and terrace door in our current house and a friend has the sliding patio door so I've seen them that way.
I'm finding viewing doors the problem too with other companies. It's the kind of thing you need to feel to see if it's good quality but places like wickes erc don't do them.

rossi57 Wed 20-Jan-16 19:47:45

Does anyone has any knowledge of Folding Future, Sunflex, Chase Window Co and ID systems? Have you dealt with any of these and how would you rate the customer service, sliding doors/windows quality and any issues with installation, quotes or performance in particular few years down the line. Please update here anything that may help us as we are looking into sunflex sliding doors, glass and top hung windows. thanks

Ferret27 Thu 01-Sep-16 15:52:20

Hi - my order for sliding doors has not shown up today! Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced slimline sliding aluminium door company that can deliver in 5 weeks... My Builder will be on a new job soon... Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now