Talk

Advanced search

Aspace furniture - good quality/value?

(15 Posts)
LittlePandaBear Tue 14-Feb-12 15:39:36

I've stumbled across www.aspace.co.uk whilst browsing for playroom furniture. They have some lovely suitable stuff but was wondering if anyone else had bought through them and were you happy with your purchase?

The price of the furniture seems okay, but then they charge if you want it assembled (hate doing it wrong ourselves), and then a £45 delivery charge so it soon adds up and is bit more than I wanted to spend. The shops are in London and I'm not so can't tell from the pics online how good the quality is.

Any good/bad experiences appreciated!

RosyBelle Tue 14-Feb-12 21:46:34

LPB - its LOVELY.... we ordered a New England white bunk for our DD 4 years ago. It can be split into 2 seperate beds if needed but we have always used the bunk. It was really easy to assemble and it just beautiful quality. Really sturdy and chunky furniture. yes not cheap but stunning when up.

thepuddingchef Tue 14-Feb-12 21:49:48

Both my kids have Aspace beds, I think that they are great quality, easy to put together and are still like new nearly year and half later, and they get some hammer! Customer service very good, great company.

annh Tue 14-Feb-12 23:55:11

Yes, we bought some Aspace furniture for ds2 last year and it's fab! Can't remember the name of the bed we got but it's an oak high sleeper with desk underneath and we also bought a chair, wardrobe and chest of drawers. I love the quality, everything fits together very well, feels really solid and looks lovely. DH, who has years of experience of putting Ikea and Habitat stuff together, said it was a dream to construct. There was some minot problem with one of the drawers in the desk and it was replaced very efficiently.

SarkyWench Wed 15-Feb-12 11:01:25

I've boughts from them three times. The first two purchases were pretty good and i was generally impressed by the quality. But this time last year we bought a highsleeper and despite the ludicrously high price it was a complete fecking nightmare! The wardrobe section was faulty and they kept sending the wrong replacement bits (rail for the bed nor rail for the wardrobe) and then they had stock problems so 5 months after buying the thing the wardrobe section was still unusable. We ended up getting a partial refund and fixing it ourselves because they made such a mess of getting us what we needed.

I think their general quality is pretty good, but they are overpriced and have very poor stock control systems.

My advice is only buy when they have big discounts on (which is most of the time) and if there is any problem at all don't let them fob you off.

LittlePandaBear Wed 15-Feb-12 20:02:58

Thanks for the advice ladies. I've signed up for their emails and catalogue so will wait for them to send me some discounts! And I may be able to justify the cost by not paying for assembly if it's not too difficult. I want it to last so pleased it's good quality. smile

BettyBathroom Thu 16-Feb-12 18:49:56

Have bought 2 midsleepers from them - one broke quite spectacularly after 4 years. Painted finish was poor - no knotting solution. Ladder fell just short of floor so flapped about when the dcs were using it - no adjustment was possible. I wouldn't buy from them again, I certainly did not feel the quality (about Argos standard) was high enough to match their prices.

Teddie2000 Fri 06-Sep-13 16:21:49

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Winterwardrobetime Fri 06-Sep-13 16:29:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Winterwardrobetime Fri 06-Sep-13 16:30:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EastwickWitch Fri 06-Sep-13 17:16:04

My DS had an Aspace duvet cover 10 years ago & it's still going strong.

suntodayplease Fri 06-Sep-13 20:29:34

I've recently bought furniture from there for DDs bedroom, been really pleased with it. If you can get to one of the stores it's worth a look, I managed to get a discount on delivery recently too, ad smaller items which I ordered separately were delivered to store so no delivery charge. Much better quality and easier to assemble than Ikea.

Frikadellen Fri 06-Sep-13 21:22:57

We have a bed from there (bunk) we have loved and it has been really high quality.

However I recently bought ds a drawer and sort of small cupboard thing and whilst they look fine during assembly there came a dent into one of the cupboard doors.. from a screw that i accidental placed underneath. I was disappointed that it could damage that easily. However ds likes it and it does look pretty..

LittlePandaBear Fri 06-Sep-13 21:37:59

I started this thread 18 months ago so not sure how it's resurrected itself!

I didn't buy from Aspace in the end, couldn't justify the cost although still like the look of their stuff. Maybe one day, when they have a good sale and I don't have a million other things to spend my money on!

lmorgan123 Sun 04-Jan-15 21:09:48

We have just had a completely terrible experience with this company and I couldn't recommend strongly enough that you do not purchase anything from them. Their Customer Service is non-existent and they have no idea of communication between themselves and their delivery company XPD. We ended up cancelling the order after waiting in for 2 days (having been emailed and texted delivery confirmation). Their attitude is appalling!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now