Talk

Advanced search

Calling all electricians. Does this quote sound reasonable to you?

(5 Posts)
Bohica Mon 24-Oct-11 20:47:55

I would like 8 spot lights put into my living room ceiling, had an electrician pop over this evening and he said he would cut the holes this week and then come back and fit the lights once the ceiling has been plastered and painted.

He quoted £35 to supply and fit each light.

I know nothing about decorating and will get another quote but he can't pop over until next week and as I'm impatient I'd like to know if this is a reasonable quote or not.

Thanks in advance smile

Gotarty Mon 24-Oct-11 21:17:57

Depends where in the country you reside. My electrician would charge you that and more in a heart beat - I am in the SE!

befuzzled Mon 24-Oct-11 21:34:20

£35 per light? or £35 total - both sound cheap compared to what I would get quoted here (SE)

Bohica Mon 24-Oct-11 21:40:39

I'm in the UK, SE funnily enough and it will be £35 per light.

It's ages since I have been able to afford to decorate, I'm so out of touch!

GreenBlueRed Mon 24-Oct-11 21:40:49

Considering they have to come to you twice, supply the lights (only a fiver or less each unless you've specified otherwise, but all adds up) and power to each by providing wiring for each one from above, it doesn't sound bad. Depends on the access for the wiring to know if it's cheap or just ok though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now