Talk

Advanced search

would it be ridiculous....

(12 Posts)
FriggOmortisFRIGG Sat 22-Oct-11 18:27:29

to offer 130,000 on a house that is on the market at £154,950?

we have fallen in love with it.

it ticks all our boxes,but it needs a few cosmetic things doing to it,other houses in the area are either a bit bigger or in better nick for the same amount of money,plus its on a road and has no parking-we dont care,but others might,right?
its been on the market for about a week and we are going for a second viewing tomorrow.
i want to put in an offer asap,but,£130,00 is our maximum budget.

(oh we are First time buyers and are ready to go with mortgage etc,if that makes any difference....)
what do you reckon?

Chocchip88 Sat 22-Oct-11 18:31:52

It's worth a try! As first time buyers you are in an excellent position. Bear in mind they may well turn you down so try not to fall in love with it too much (hard I know!)

oliviasmama Sat 22-Oct-11 18:32:31

it's well under the asking price, well well under but you are in a super strong position......go for it and explain your reasoning for your offer. Good luck!

Hassled Sat 22-Oct-11 18:32:47

You have nothing to lose, do you? Worse that can happen is they say no and you're back where you are now. Good luck!

FriggOmortisFRIGG Sat 22-Oct-11 18:42:21

thanks guys! i think we're going to try!

FriggOmortisFRIGG Sat 22-Oct-11 19:04:31

i just checked the sold house prices in the same postcode,
in 2009 the property we are looking at sold for £128,000...that means it's a possibility,doesn't it!

<tries not to get excited>

mummy2munchkin Sat 22-Oct-11 19:07:41

we put ours up £20,000 more than we bought it for in 2009 and had to accept what we actually bought it for so I think you've got a chance, good luck.

ChippingInToThePumpkinLantern Sat 22-Oct-11 19:10:38

Frigg - YANBU to put in an offer of what you can afford/are prepared to pay. As it's new on the market you might have to wait a while, they will probably want to test out the market. If they say no, tell them the offer is on the table until you say otherwise. Good Luck!!

PigletJohn Sun 23-Oct-11 12:36:30

you are fully within your rights to offer whatever you want, and the vendor is fully within their rights to tell you to f* off.

FriggOmortisFRIGG Sun 23-Oct-11 12:53:46

well,they refused the offer of £130,000.

so the search continues...smile

ChippingInToThePumpkinLantern Sun 23-Oct-11 18:57:05

Have you told them that the offer will be kept on the table?

I think you should keep looking and keep putting in cheeky offers - especially to vendors who have had their houses for sale for a while.

Good Luck!

FriggOmortisFRIGG Sun 23-Oct-11 20:32:18

thanks chipping,i think we might just do thatgrin
oh and,yes,they know the offer remains.
the EA said if it was still for sale after xmas they'd most likely reconsider.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now