Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How much do you think the following works would cost?

(4 Posts)
suebfg Fri 14-Oct-11 20:23:23

Hi,

I'm interested in a house which needs a bit of work but I'm not sure how much the work would cost. I've read a few threads on the topics of extensions etc but costs seem to vary quite a bit.

The works that I'm looking to undertake are as follows and will include the purchase and fitting of units etc. I'm not looking for 'cheap as chips' but neither am I looking for top spec - somewhere in between.

- 1 x downstairs bathroom (W.C. and basin and tiling)
- 2 x bathrooms (bath, shower, basin and WC and tiling)
- extension of existing kitchen by approx 7ft x 6ft
- new kitchen
- adding a utility room within the extension
- if space permits (as kitchen is already quite large), adding a study so adding new partition wall, new door, electrics

I thought that the above might cost in the region of £55k - am I widely off the mark do you think??

Cheers

frenchfancy Fri 14-Oct-11 20:57:30

I don't think you are widely off the mark. Obviously much depends on what type of extension, how big, what quality the kitchen and bathroom will be...

I could certainly do it fo that and be happy with the results.

JohnnyRod Fri 14-Oct-11 22:15:33

I concur, provided your tastes are middle of the road as opposed to the £20k bathroom variety!

suebfg Sat 15-Oct-11 13:22:15

Cheers. We're looking to put in what I call an M & S quality - middle of the road, not OTT but not budget

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now