Talk

Advanced search

Howdens kitchen - how much?

(4 Posts)
Cheryllou Thu 13-Oct-11 16:31:23

Hello, we've been quoted £6,800 for a Howden's gloss kitchen including 14 units, Bosch cooker, hob, integrated washing machine and dishwasher and solid oak worktop. Their own brand appliances were an odd make and didn't get a good write up anywhere so I'm paying the extra £1500 for Bosch.

And £2500 to rip out old kitchen, plumbing work, put up new and tile and paint.

Is this a good price??? I've no idea...

said Thu 13-Oct-11 18:28:46

Is that with their "discount"? Sounds similar ballpark to our quote for similar units, worktops, numbers of units and appliances.

Chaotica Thu 13-Oct-11 20:15:28

No idea about price of Howdens units, but we're paying 1500 to get a similar kitchen fitted. We probably could have got it done for 1000 if we'd been bothered to coordinate gas, electric and fitting. Will moan on here if it's a failure (nervous grin).

MangoMonster Thu 13-Oct-11 20:21:04

IMO, hoydens are poor quality. Builders like them as they get discounts/ commission. Magnet is much better and can be cheaper if you really analyse the different units you're getting. Larger units tends to be better value, they also have a trade side. If I was you I would do some more research.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now