Talk

Advanced search

UPVC Bay Window curtain/blind question

(4 Posts)
Gingerbics Mon 10-Oct-11 19:53:25

We're having a problem.... basically as our bay window is upvc and seems to be the wrong size for any ready made blinds, we're not sure what to do.

Could we go for a bay window pole and attach it somehow to the upvc frame? (we're crap at D.I.Y) Has anyone done this?

Or I'd really like roman blinds otherwise but the sizes of the ready made ones dont fit our window. Does anyone know anyone who does made to measure and fitting that won't cost a fortune? (JOhn lewis quoted us £1,500!!)

Would appreciate any advice as we're feeling really exposed with nothing up at the window!
Thanks x

Bamaluz Mon 10-Oct-11 20:04:22

Roman blinds are very awkward in a bay window because the folds catch on each other when you try to pull them up.
We have made to measure roller blinds, not too expensive. Try to find some local blind suppliers and get some quotes.

7to25 Tue 11-Oct-11 14:24:47

This is a bit hard to answer without seeing the window!
Whether the folds of blind catch on each other depends on a few factors incuding the actual fabric and the design of the bay.
you can top-fix roman blinds, if that would help.
A local curtain maker will be cheaper than John Lewis.
fabric choices can affect the price.
It must be technically possible if John Lewis quoted.

Gingerbics Tue 11-Oct-11 19:49:33

Thanks for that. Yes I will see if I can find a local blind fitter and as John Lewis are supposedly never knowingly undersold maybe they'll price match! Thanks again x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now