Talk

Advanced search

Where to buy a deep bath?

(9 Posts)
tyler80 Thu 06-Oct-11 19:01:59

I'd love a huge bath but whilst we have plenty of room in our bathroom the door and window preclude anything bigger than the narrowest standard suite (700mm). Thought about getting a deeper than normal bath instead but struggling to find anywhere that actually lists the depth of the bath (not the height of the bath from the floor but how deep you can have the water. Any recommendations of deep baths or deep bath suppliers?

Foubijou Thu 06-Oct-11 19:07:21

Watching with interest as have been trawling round suppliers today to no avail.

My friend has a very deep 1950s bath and I am jealous.

Second hand might be your best way forward if you have the funds, reconditioned, salvage etc.

I am stuck with ebay smile

MangoMonster Thu 06-Oct-11 19:08:13

Try online, lots of variety and you can check measurements easily. We just got a new bath and it's not deep enough for dp sad

tyler80 Thu 06-Oct-11 19:14:24

I've not found anywhere that gives the depth of the interior of the bath. I'm looking for height from the floor of the bath to the overflow. All the sites I've looked at only have the total depth/height of the unit.

said Thu 06-Oct-11 19:16:52

Bath Store tell you how many litres they hold -that should give you some indication

Choufleur Thu 06-Oct-11 19:19:34

I miss my bath from my last house. The house was circa 1900 and had a big old bath in it. Even when heavily pregnant I could stretch out and my bump didn't stick out much sad. My bath now is pitiful.

Bathroom is next on list of things to do in the house so am watching with interest

Foubijou Fri 07-Oct-11 07:24:38

envy Choufleur.

Yes they all say 540 depth don't they, mind you there was one on ebay with a copied drawing with all the measurements including inside depth.

I'm certain I'll only find what I want from ebay, it's got to be an old fashioned one.

Mandy21 Fri 07-Oct-11 08:58:45

We had one a bit like this is our last house - I know it doesn't say the depth but the height of the bath is 80cm so much higher than your standard bath (and arguably therefore deeper). It certainly felt much deeper.

http://www.bathroomheaven.com/roll-top-baths/cruise-contemporary-roll-top-bath-8389.aspx

thepassenger Fri 07-Oct-11 17:32:52

I just bought two Villeroy & Boch baths - full details on their cdn.villeroy-boch.com/picdb/produkte/bad/daten/XX/BQ170SQR2V-TM-G-004.PDF site.
V&B Squaro is extra deep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now