Talk

Advanced search

Renting lead in times

(3 Posts)
Amaris Wed 05-Oct-11 16:47:50

I got an offer on my house last week, from people who have offered near the asking price and want to move quite quickly. I have decided that I will move into rented rather than lose the offer or buy the wrong thing. I have no idea yet as to completion date, and there is also the chance that I might find something between now and then so I don't want to commit to renting for six months too early in case really I just need a few weeks with family or friends.

I haven't rented for 20 years though, so can anyone advise me how long in advance of needing to move I should start seriously looking?

Thanks!

minipie Wed 05-Oct-11 16:51:51

From my limited but recent experience, most things seem to be available in 3 or 4 weeks' time (sometimes a bit quicker sometimes a bit longer but that was the average).

But the good places go very fast so you need to be onto the agents all the time - might be worth registering with them now even if you won't be seriously looking for a while.

Amaris Wed 05-Oct-11 16:57:35

Thanks, I thought it would be around that. I think I should have about that much notice towards a firmer completion date. There are a few things about, but maybe it's the grottier places that are hanging around!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now