Talk

Advanced search

Accessorizing a tan leather sofa

(19 Posts)
Ayoop Tue 04-Oct-11 15:07:37

We have inherited a tan leather sofa and have put it in our 'back room' (living room-cum-playroom). I am going to get a few cheap-ish bits to brighten the room up (currently plain cream walls and wooden floors) but am hopeless at this kind of thing.

What colour/s should I go for? we need some cushions, a throw, a rug, a light shade for the main light i the room ad possibly a blind or curtain. The room is quite dark, so needs to be warm and cheerful.

Any budding interior designers fancy giving me some tips?

TIA!

MardyBra Tue 04-Oct-11 15:29:31

Link for you Ayoop here

Sorry - I was dared to post it.

MardyBra Tue 04-Oct-11 15:31:21

Sorry I'm not great at accessories btw. But hopefully have bumped the thread and someone will come along...

FunnysInTheGarden Tue 04-Oct-11 15:36:58

I think that JM would look great draped over a tan leather sofa. Or she could just stand at the side and serve canapes?

FunnysInTheGarden Tue 04-Oct-11 15:39:01

or the chidlren could use her as a sort of rocking horse?

MardyBra Tue 04-Oct-11 15:40:31

Seriously, your sofa sounds lovely. If you're thinking blinds, wooden floors, cushions, maybe this look

MardyBra Tue 04-Oct-11 15:40:58

Behave funnys <feeling guilty about thread hijack>

MardyBra Tue 04-Oct-11 15:41:18

<smirking though at rocking horse comment>

MrsBradleyCooper Tue 04-Oct-11 15:50:32

I know it's pretty "done", but i still like the union jack cushions and I think they look great with leather.

Then you can accessorise the rest with red and blue - bingo grin

Dumbledoresgirl Tue 04-Oct-11 16:15:26

In my mind, picturing what you describe (tan leather sofa, cream walls and wooden floors) I envisage some bright red accessories (rug, cushions). But I do like bold colours.

MardyBra Tue 04-Oct-11 20:12:45

Not sure about the Union jack stuff. Think that look is over now.

Bumping for the evening crowd as I'm still feeling a little guilty for the thread hijack.

WorzselMummage Tue 04-Oct-11 20:21:22

We have ordered a tan leather sofa so I am watching this with interest.

Ours is this colour,We didn't want a brown sofa as our living room is quite dark. i'm just planning on cream with oak, we have oak flooring being laid soon, I might try and get some navy blue accessories.

I dont like the union jack stuff either, it's all a bit past its best now.

WorzselMummage Tue 04-Oct-11 20:22:28

FFS!

It's tan, sort of sandy colour.

angry

MardyBra Tue 04-Oct-11 20:22:53

Link doesn't work Worzsel

WorzselMummage Tue 04-Oct-11 20:32:32

like this

[hopes]

MardyBra Tue 04-Oct-11 20:35:04

lol - was expecting a sofa!

WorzselMummage Tue 04-Oct-11 20:46:01

grin

The first link was a sofa

that's ^the^ sofa It's amazingly soft and comfortable.

FunnysInTheGarden Tue 04-Oct-11 20:56:19

at least it wasn't Jodie Marsh.

And don't feel guilty Mardy you and I now know more about interior decorating than earlier today. For example, I didn't know Union Jacks were passé.

I have 2 small boys and so all thoughts of a stylish interior are on hold for aprox 10 years. Mind you World of Interiors have just asked me if I would like to subscribe again, so somewhere in the dim and distant past my house had aspirations. Now its just crayon all over the Farrow and Ball..............

WorzselMummage Wed 05-Oct-11 10:16:38

I can't imagine sitting on JM would be very comfy now and her creosote would rub off on your clothes and it'd stink!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now